Engineering Team Leader dedicated to managing the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Team (approx. 8 people). Team responsibilities include overseeing the industrialization of product development projects. Functional areas include powertrain, chassis and body production.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Essential Functions
- Review product development projects in early design phase to ensure ease of manufacture.
- Determine if onsite/offsite tooling or equipment is needed. Manage procurement and installation of any such items.
- Design Work Instructions, visual aids and jigs as needed for initial project implementation.
- Manage project prototype and pilot builds. Work with cross-functional team to organize training, material delivery and assess any issues found during build.
- Serve as primary engineering contact for initial implementation of projects.
- Support any containment actions for design related issues and propose corrective actions.
Team Leader Essential Functions
- Assess status of all team members assigned projects. Review with management and allocate resources based on project priority.
- Manage team member’s Capex projects, including procurement and installation. Maintain report of costs budgeted, costs allocated and costs estimated to complete project. Escalate to management if any projects are expected to exceed budget.
- Primary approver of team member’s work schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing processes/design
- Strong project management skills
- Design troubleshooting and problem solving skills (e.g. 8D Problem Solving)
- Proficiency with Catia and SmarTeam
- Proficiency with Windows Office Suite applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership experience
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing Technology or Mechanical Engineering required
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Management preferred
- 5+ years as a manufacturing engineer preferred
- Manufacturing environment
- Occasional travel