TrueBlue has an opportunity for a top performing Instructional Designer to consult and partner with our internal stakeholders in creating performance-based learning solutions to achieve service excellence for a multi matrix, geographically dispersed enterprise. The position will incorporate evidence-based adult learning principles in the design of highly relevant, engaging, effective and practical learning solutions. Learning solutions may include interactive eLearning, demos, simulations, job aids, performance support, video, virtual instructor-led training, train-the-trainer and other delivery methods and performance solutions that will accelerate learning and performance.
The Instructional Designer will report to the Manager of Instructional Design, and will be based out of the HQ in Tacoma, Washington.
TrueBlue is a leading global provider of specialized and outsource solutions helping businesses improve growth and performance by providing staffing, recruitment process outsourcing and managed service provider solutions. Publicly traded since 1996, TrueBlue connects over 750,000 people to work opportunities each year.
- Consult and partner with project sponsors, subject matter experts (SMEs) and key stakeholders to develop requirements for training programs that will support business initiatives; provide expert guidance to stakeholders regarding best practice methods to achieve desired training outcomes.
- Define performance objectives, and recommend learning strategies, media and training methods to achieve and sustain desired performance within project constraints.
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) at all levels of the business to proactively partner to obtain and validate courseware content.
- Analyze, design, and develop both formal and informal learning solutions that support instructional goals while utilizing scope documents and project management skills to define and manage expectations - producing learning deliverables within agreed-upon timeframes and constraints.
- Develop statements of work, design blueprints, project plans and implementation plans to align stakeholders and deliver timely work outputs.
- Design and develop effective learning solutions that demonstrate strong working knowledge of instructional design methodology, adult learning theory, job task and learning needs analysis, performance analysis, and root cause identification.
- Use instructional design software, media and technology (i.e.; MS, Articulate, Captivate, Adobe Connect, Adobe Suite, EPSS, video/audio editing, etc.) to develop scalable, effective training and performance solutions
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with internal customers and team members.
- Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines throughout the project life cycle.
- Create clear, concise and compelling written and visual communication which efficiently simplifies and facilitates the understanding of complex information.
- Apply innovative thinking and strong conceptual ability that translates into impactful learning and development solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Communications, OD, Performance Improvement, Business, or related field; Formal Instructional Design training or certification a plus
- 3+ years of experience in Instructional Design with advanced knowledge of instructional design theory and methods such as ADDIE, SAM, Agile; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with stakeholders and SMEs to translate business objectives into effective learning interventions.
- Ability to effectively organize work, prioritize and manage time in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline and project-driven environment.
- Adept at developing online training, as well as classroom and virtual training, including facilitator guides, train-the-trainer workshops; participant guides, job aids, quick guides and other instructional and performance supports.
- Portfolio or work samples demonstrating instructional design skills.
COMPUTER and SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Expert skill in authoring eLearning content with tools like Articulate Studio/Storyline , Adobe Captivate or similar
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Office, SharePoint and internet usage.
- Experience using screen capture tools such as Camtasia or SnagIt, audio/video editing software, virtual training platform such as Adobe Connect or WebEx; Visio, Photoshop or similar
- Experience with SCORM/LMS.
- High comfort level with technology and ability to utilize new software applications.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Project management skills with the ability to document and communicate project plans, monitor work in progress, and achieve project milestones/end results.
- Ability to share ideas and contribute to a collaborative effort, while still demonstrating a high degree of patience, perseverance, initiative and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to create, execute and measure high-quality, high-impact training deliverables (courses, demos, simulations, etc.)
- Experience with Expert OJT or similar methodology is helpful.
- Experience designing for virtual instructor-led training, a plus.
Corporate values of integrity and respect, and our ability to exceed customer expectations distinguish TrueBlue as an employer - named by Forbes as one of the country’s “Most Trustworthy Companies”.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.