At Transparent Language, we treat language learning as more than just a casual pursuit. For our customers, success is not optional. Students must reach a specified level of proficiency in a set amount of time. We make this exciting challenge our mission: to enable the training of language that is faster and with more reliable outcomes. A key part of this mission is the development of curriculum that meets the requirements of professional language training programs.
Transparent Language is currently seeking a Director of Curriculum Development to lead the Curriculum Development Team. The Director will be responsible for building and managing the curriculum team and will oversee the production of high quality language curriculum materials that meet and exceed the requirements of the professional language programs that are our customers.
- Five-to-eight years of curriculum development management experience developing curriculum that supports a Task-Based Language Teaching model
- Experience building and leading a team tasked with large-scale language curriculum development projects
- Experience aligning the scope & sequence of a curriculum framework to external educational standards
- A thorough understanding of the full range of curriculum development activities, with advanced skills in industry-standard content creation software tools
- Familiarity with the curriculum framework and content creation lifecycle (conception, planning, design, creation, validation, publication, maintenance, and obsolescence)
- Fluency in English and at least one other language
- Demonstrated superb organization skills
- Flexibility to work in an environment requiring creative solutions
- Ability to translate ideas into action
- Equally comfortable and effective communicating one-on-one, with project teams, with executive leadership, and presenting to clients; demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management, staff, and customers
- Experience making decisions independently and accepting responsibility for outcomes
- Ability to manage a variety of priorities simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Ability to mentor team members
- High-energy, enthusiastic, team player mentality with a hands-on, proactive work style
Master’s degree, preferably in curriculum development, foreign languages, linguistics.
- Compensation commensurate with experience