Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Sr Technology Solutions Development Lead is responsible for creating programs and associated technologies resulting in improved field installations accuracy and efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research future software and products that could benefit the company.
- Create and maintain new applications for the BIM and field teams.
- Facilitate the purchase of new software and hardware for implementation in our project teams
- Schedule and assign work to meet project deliverable dates.
- Interface with end users (construction managers, superintendents, foremen, journeymen…) to understand their needs and circumstances.
- Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos, images, and word processing.
- Design and maintain a technological solution “toolbox” to appropriately address and develop ways to increase efficiency and communication.
- Working cross-functionally to gather, nurture and develop innovative technological solutions throughout life cycle of construction projects
- Will need to efficiently take part in and supervise the development process and documenting the project.
- Create and update processes and procedures regarding the software and technology that is being utilized and developed.
- Help to facilitate a smooth transition and training schedule for implementation to the different teams in our company.
- Research upcoming software and technology related to our field and evaluate its usefulness to our company.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year technical degree or greater.
- Bachelor of Science in CIS or Equivalent experience.
- Two years’ experience in construction technology, construction engineering or management, civil engineering, or closely related field
- 2+ years prior experience working in software development role
- Prior experience connecting to APIs and/or web services
- Experience with SQL, MySQL, MS Access or any other database query language (SQL Preferred)
- Experience/knowledge with BRDs. ERDs, Use Cases, a plus.
- Experience working within DEV, TEST, STAGE or PROD environments
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have solid working knowledge of the most current modeling applications software in use by REI, including being able to create and manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets, schedules, filters and similar Revit functions. Positions requires a person with good interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate with others. Web development knowledge and/or hands on experience
- VB.NET, C#, HTML, CSS, VB, VBA, SQL
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to learn and execute tasks with little supervision
- Able to work with multiple teams to gather required information
- Willingness to learn and grow in your position with and without assistance
- The ability to quickly understand REI BIM processes and procedures including related workflows.
- Support and actively participate in pilot testing and execution of the solution, thereby leading the iterative development process.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.