Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The BIM Modeler III is responsible for providing modeling efforts for both project delivery and standards. This is a leader of the production team that will create a majority of the drawings for a project and typically functions as a Model Manager. Will need to efficiently take part in and supervise modeling and documenting the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Family Development Team for the revised standards or for a project’s needs.
- Create project specific families for projects they are leading.
- Lead and supervise modeling and documenting a project.
- Lead modeling efforts on projects working with junior level modelers to complete deliverables. Schedule and assign work to meet project deliverable dates.
- Clean and purge background drawings/models for use in REI model.
- Create REI Revit model using backgrounds from other trades.
- Setup of Revit views for use by the REI Project team including electronic document filing and all other facets of the electronic drawings and/or model.
- Take part in internal BIM project kickoff and weekly BIM status meetings.
- Work with project Coordinators and Detailers.
- Supervise the layout and input of marked‐up drawings into Revit in accordance with REI Standards.
- Input of marked‐up drawings into Revit.
- Document and archive work pursuant with the REI standard.
- Back‐check others’ work for accuracy before passing on to the project team.
- Acknowledgement of any/all REI confidentially and/or Non‐Disclosure requirements pursuant to this position. The protection of Proprietary or Company Intellectual Property.
- Download drawings and information from the Web, SharePoint or project websites (FTP, etc.).
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Computerized Drafting or related field
- 5 years of total experience with knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards
- Advanced working knowledge of the most current modeling applications software in use by REI, including being able to create and manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets, schedules, filters and similar Revit functions
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to give verbal and general written direction well and turn that direction into appropriate, working design documents
- Complete understanding of REI BIM processes and procedures including workflow processes
- Skills obtained above and beyond the building elements would be creating simple parametric families, utilizing shared parameters, creating schedules, and creating complex geometry
- Fluency in the current version of Revit software employed by the Department
- Fluency in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy
- Fluency in the 2D and 3D space
- Fluency in Autodesk Navis Works, Autodesk Design Review
- Advanced knowledge of 3D layout and design
- Ability to receive and transmit documents on behalf of the design team, either via posting to website or the Internet or via hard copy
- Fluency with all plotters, printers and reproduction systems used in house or on the job site
- Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos, images, and word processing files into Revit projects
- Ability to type, proofread, spell check work without supervision
- Ability to create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit work sharing process
- Understanding of 3D coordination with other trades
- Skills obtained above and beyond the building elements would be setting up Revit models, leading model teams in modeling, annotating, project scheduling, assigning workload and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self‐motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.