Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for ensuring efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Post customer payments.
- Research and resolve billing issues.
- Track collections issues and update notes.
- Contact customers for payment updates and to resolve billing/payment discrepancies.
- Assist Billing/Credit Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Assist Billing/Credit Manager in month end close.
- Track receivables for purpose of protecting lien rights.
- Manage the process of sending preliminary notices or other required notices.
- Set up and attend periodic credit meetings with operations managers across all entities.
- May supervise Credit assistants or other department clerical support.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline
- 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience, preferably in a construction setting
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Construction industry, lien law, bond, and stop notice rights required
- Oracle R12 and Excel skills required
- Demonstrate the ability to work closely with operations and other departments in finance
- Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills favored
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.