Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Cost Accountant is the lead person to support project accounting. As an integral part of the project team, the Cost Accountant will provide financial services to the project including contract review, billings, work-in-place reporting, subcontractor and general condition payments, and cash reporting. The position acts as a consultant to each Project Manager, our internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Perform special project audits and analysis as required. Including cost vs. budget review, billing vs. cost, and tracking projected margin throughout the project duration.
- Assist and coordinate accounting functions with other project offices as needed.
- Coordinate with external auditors in annual and special audit functions related to contracts as necessary.
- Utilize Oracle R12 accounting software to perform journal entries, enter budgets, and open new projects.
- Assist in training Oracle system to Operation staff.
- Provide support for other departments and projects to assist in their administrative needs.
- Coordinate with other corporate financial and accounting management staff to assure timely and accurate operations between the financial functions.
- Work with Operating Managers monthly to review job status for proper recognition of profit. Some travel may be required.
- Take general management direction from immediate supervisor.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ finance or accounting experience, preferably in the construction industry
- Oracle EBS and MS Access experience a plus
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Business Suite or other Enterprise level Finance package preferred
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
Up to 20%
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.