Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Project Assistant is responsible for providing project management support to the Project team. This position may include general administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Recap and track Potential Change Orders (PCO’s).
- Ability to price up material vouchers.
- Write up and keep track of all Request for Information (RFI’s).
- Track certified payroll for Rosendin and all sub-contractors and fill out all necessary forms the job requires. e.g. HRC forms, OCIP Compliance.
- Ability to update project schedules on Microsoft Projects or Sure Track.
- Monthly billing (Schedule of Values/Cover sheet)
- Create and update material flow sheets. e.g. Fixtures and Fire Alarm devices; Subcontract/Change Order logs; Submittal logs.
- Ability to obtain quotes from vendors and some light material ordering.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience that is equivalent.
- 1-2 years previous Project Management support experience, preferably in a construction environment.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Microsoft Projects; Suretrack; Oracle and Sharepoint experience preferred.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to read blueprints; materials and pricing using Biddle Book; project management procedures and working knowledge of scheduling software.
- Computer, filing, and 10-key skills required.
- Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills favored.
- Tactful and has professional demeanor, and ability to interact effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills.
- High level of discretion and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters and documentation.
- Build and maintain solid work relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Capacity to handle interruptions regularly.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.