Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Engineering Team Lead is responsible for Provide technical engineering information and assistance to company management to insure that project complies with the project requirements and all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications. The position would be considered a lead design position overseeing several engineers and designers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Oversee Engineers, Designers and CAD staff assigned to your work or team.
- Prepare engineering fees appropriate for project requirements.
- Prepare or oversee work plans for engineering and production resources including the estimation of effort required to complete the work
- Review, comment and process equipment and system submittals.
- Perform coordination between architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, process and all electrical trades.
- Prepare designs, check, and specify power, lighting and auxiliary systems and power system single line diagrams, to include feeder and over current protection sizing, equipment elevations.
- Conduct, or oversee, short circuit and over current protection device coordination studies, Arc Flash mitigation studies, and distribution analysis including voltage drop, voltage droop, and underground heat effect (Neher-McGrath) calculations.
- Coordinate your work with the project Specifications or equipment buy-out.
- Visit job sites of remodel projects to field survey existing electrical conditions.
- Back-check for quality assurance the work of several team members under their supervision.
- Utilize engineering analysis programs and professional judgment to analyze loads, lighting levels, short circuit currents
- Conduct value engineering functions.
- Attend project design team meetings. Interface with various team members, particularly the client, architect, and mechanical contractor/engineer.
- Lead internal team design progress meetings to review current project resource allocation as well as fee disposition.
- Communicate with Operations in order to accomplish the expected deliverables and support, including developing requests for additional services; to provide preliminary information needed to develop a competitive bid; and to coordinate the design criteria for budgetary issues.
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Generate or oversee project specifications appropriate for the project.
- Develop complete and accurate sequence of operations for all designed systems.
- Supports Estimating and Business Development.
- Perform work involving the application of all conventional aspect of electrical engineering related in the design of high tech, health industry, commercial, industrial and high rise residential.
- Review plans and review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Supervise the design and on-going progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with city, state, and county officials, and other outside agencies.
- Prepare plans and specifications, establish schedules, and coordinate electrical engineering work with project manager.
- Assist in Marketing of the firm. This may include attendance at Project Interviews.
- Prepare documentation for the commissioning of a building.
- Resolve a variety of complex problems (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements), as well as, provide technical problem resolution.
- Documents and archives work pursuant the REI standards.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in E ngineering, Architectural Engineering, Construction or related field
Minimum of 4 years of experience as an Engineer II
Must be registered as a Professional Electrical Engineer
Must have A LEED AP®
Must be registered as a US-based Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
Knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, and value engineering as they relate to designing state-of- the-art, constructible projects. The ability to assume responsibility, interface, and coordinate with others is required
Advanced knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, value engineering, applicable codes, and standards, etc. required
The ability to assume responsibility, interface, and coordinate with others is essential, as is the ability to analyze and resolve complex engineering problems
Fluency in any of the following building types is required: mission-critical, high- rise and high-density housing, hospitality, health care, laboratory, commercial, gaming and high-technology
Working knowledge in the current version of AutoCAD Building Systems and AutoCAD 2004 or later.
Fluency with the Codes applied in the work
Working knowledge of the energy efficiency requirements to include the new Title 24 requirements, LEED Requirements and ANSI 90.1
Code acumen and conflict resolutions are vital to this position
Working knowledge of equipment and system testing and commissioning
Possess engineering management skills for resource allocation, work flow, work planning, fee estimating and independent QA/QC of their team’s work
Advanced management skills are required, including work planning, resource management, fee development, staff oversight, staff development and advancement planning
Capable of supervising a design group of a maximum of 7-10 people
Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
GENERAL WORK ENVIROMENT:
sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
Noise level is usually low to medium
Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.