Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The BIM Support Specialist main responsibility will be to act as Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for hardware and software related issues for the BIM Department with a focus on BIM specialty software. The role will work closely with the BIM Support Manager to ensure all BIM related technical needs are met at an exceptional level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist users with complex software issues arising from BIM Specific software.
- Opening and closing of support tickets within the BIM Support Portal
- Updating inventory of all BIM Dept. hardware. (Excluding equipment covered by I/T)
- Assisting BIM Support Mgr.,with development of best use hardware for future growth and sustainability
- Along with the daily support, this role will work closely with Corp IT to define best practices within the BIM Dept. to ensure compliance with IT while ensuring optimal performance for the BIM Dept.
- Working with Management to ensure procurement and necessary hardware is available for BIM Dept. throughout the company locations.
- Developing standardized software load outs and imaging capabilities to minimize turnaround times for computer hardware
- West Coast support times to ensure blanket coverage across the country
- Phone and remote support of users for BIM Software related issues
- Procurement and inventory management for BIM Hardware
- Commitment to supporting new technology implementation.
- Ability to provide effective, strategic advice on the use of technology to achieve shared goals.
- Excellent communication skills with a commitment to understanding customer requirements as well as business objectives.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong IT and Technical background a must
- 3 to 5 years of technical IT or Autodesk Support experience
- Expertise in installation and troubleshooting of Autodesk products
- Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues quickly and effectively.
- Critical thinking skills and an analytical mind with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Enthusiastic about working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Pleasant demeanor and strong customer service skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.