Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 99 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to one or more Officers or Senior Executives. May supervise other department Administrative Assistants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Type variety of documents, many highly confidential. Maintain/set-up sophisticated filing systems, supervisor's personnel files, etc.
- Coordinate and supervise clerical/secretarial support function for Senior Executive. May include one or more of the following: interview, hire, train new administrative assistants; review performance/recommend wage increases; schedule and assign work, etc.
- Arrange travel, hotel, and car reservations and prepare itinerary. Maintain supervisor's calendar, schedule meetings, etc.
- Process in-coming mail; open, stamp and sort for priorities. Distribute and/or handle items not requiring supervisor's attention.
- Compose and/or edit letters, memos, reports, procedures, etc., as required. Take and transcribe meeting minutes and other dictation.
- Act as liaison between supervisor and others, such as other departments, external contacts, clients, etc. Such liaison may be required to arrange meetings, clarify and resolve problems, coordinate work, maintain working relationship and public relations, etc.
- Prepare special reports, studies, statistical analysis, brochures, etc. per supervisor's request. Such items would usually require research, development and/or interpretation of data and be performed with little supervision or instruction. May compile and prepare various reports for supervisor's use (requires analysis and comparison of data).
- May require preparation of multi-media presentations.
- May interpret and administer a company policy, program or procedure requiring independent decision making.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10 years previous administrative support experience, preferably in a construction environment
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Computer, filing, and 10-key skills required
- Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills favored
- Ability to identify and meet customers’ expectations and requirements
- Strong organizational, record-keeping, and follow-up skills
- High level of discretion and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters and documentation
- Advanced computer and Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.