Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 99 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Project Accountant is the lead person to support onsite/offsite project accounting. As an integral part of the Project team the Project Accountant will provide financial services to the Project including Contract review, Billings, Work-in-Place Reporting, Subcontractor and General Condition payments, and Cash Reporting. The position acts as a consultant to each Project Manager, our internal customers. Project assignment may be in the main office or on a construction jobsite.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead team effort to prepare and post monthly progress billings
- Ensure adherence to all contractual billing requirements
- Review and approve proposed changes to budgets resulting from approved change orders or otherwise at Project Management discretion
- Ensure Productivity Rate tracking spreadsheets are up to date and distributed weekly
- Prepare cash position/projection analysis
- Periodically audit billings on projects to ensure all cost has been submitted for payment
- Ensure subcontractor progress billings are posted in accounting software, facilitate workflow for approval
- Assist operations to prepare monthly cost at completion estimates
- Facilitate monthly cost at completion review meeting with Operations and Finance
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of finance or accounting experience, preferably in the construction industry
- Oracle EBS and MS Access experience a plus
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Business Suite or other Enterprise level Finance package preferred
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
- Some travel may be required.
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.