Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The BIM Coordinator II is responsible for coordination efforts for both project coordination and REI coordination standards. This is a member of the coordination team that will work with field supervisors and project managers on field integration with BIM. This person will need to effectively coordinate electrical systems in the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Lead Modeler in developing required model intelligence either for the revised standards or for a specific project’s needs.
- Attend coordination meetings.
- Detail major coordination changes utilizing available tools.
- Make minor adjustments in Revit in accordance with REI Standards.
- Input of marked-up drawings into Revit.
- Review project BIM requirements.
- Work with field on installation drawing schedule creation.
- Document and report any changes that may have cost or schedule impact to Project Manager.
- Review all installation drawings prior to issuance to field.
- Review model exports for constructability.
- Documents and archives work pursuant with the REI standard.
- Make minor coordination changes in Revit.
- Creation of minor mark-ups and input of same.
- Review any change orders, DRB’s etc. for schedule or cost impact.
- Upload required files to project site.
- Back-check own work for accuracy before passing on to others.
- Prepare copies and help make sets of documents for transmittal to other parties.
- Download drawings and information from the Web, SharePoint or project websites (FTP, etc.)
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Electrical Apprenticeship or a minimum of 5 ers in the electrical construction industry, with knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards .
- Must complete Rosendin's Revit fundamentals class.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of 3D coordination with other trades.
- Advanced knowledge in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy .
- Advanced knowledge of Autodesk Navis /Glue, Autodesk Design Review and working knowledge of 3D layout and design.
- Working Knowledge of Autodesk Revit MEP.
- Fluency with all plotters, printers and reproduction systems used in house or on the job site.
- Fluency in the 2D and 3D space.
- Ability to type, proofread, spell check your own work without supervision.
- Able to receive and transmit documents on behalf of the design team, either via posting to website or the Internet or via hard copy.
- Acknowledgement of any/all REI confidentiality and/or Non-Disclosure requirements pursuant to this position. The protection of Proprietary or Company Intellectual Property.
- Able to generate e‐mail independently.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rosendin Electric considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status