Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 99 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company. ****New Grad Welcome****
The Field Payroll Accountant is responsible for establishing and maintaining payroll tables to control pay rates and fringe benefit rates in accordance with union agreements. Assist in Prevailing Wage reporting and audits. Reconcile Fringe Benefit accruals against payments and GL. Process of union fringe benefit transmittals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret union contracts and process the upload of union rate & fringe changes.
- Keep alert for Prevailing Wage/Certified Payroll requirements and process appropriate set-ups.
- Set-up new union job and fringe structures in Oracle.
- Set-up and maintain fringe reporting requirements in Access.
- Process Certified Payroll, both online and paper copies.
- Work with other departments to correct and re-file certified payrolls as needed.
- Implement and maintain union portability accruals, payments and payroll deductions for out-ofarea agreements.
- Responsible for timely and accurate process of union fringe benefit transmittals.
- Reconcile monthly fringe accruals and payments to general ledger.
- Implement procedures to correct union accrual/payment variances.
- Comply with government statistical reporting and wage surveys.
- Maintain Company assigned vehicles log in employee payroll master file and ensure accurate taxability is applied to personnel.
- Address processes that need streamlining or automation.
- Scan and index union contracts and update details into an imaging system.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience with a union employer
- American Payroll Association (APA) membership is desirable
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Accounting, 10-key, and data entry skills are required
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access etc.); Oracle preferred Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.