Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 99 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the administration of the job site safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct thorough inspections of construction areas
- Assist in identifying, documenting and recommending mitigation of hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions; follow through to ensure corrections have been made.
- Assist with investigating incidents, injuries and property damage; including compiling data, taking photographs and completing proper documentation
- Issue various permits (i.e. Hot Work, Confined Space, etc…) as required
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis for specific tasks and focus on field hazard recognition/correction
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the needs of the site and safety/field management varying by location, within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 30 Construction Certification
- CPR – First Aid Certification
- Minimum 1 year of safety construction experience. Can be a combination of training, education, and relevant work experience that is equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, and an effective team player
0 – 10 %
- General work environment – sitting, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted in both indoor office settings, and outdoor constructions jobsite settings. Environmental conditions will vary
- Noise level varies based on location
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.