Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For 99 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Engineer II is responsible for providing technical engineering information and assistance to the Senior Engineer to insure that project complies with the project requirements and all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications. Knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, and value engineering as they relate to designing state-of-the-art, constructable projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Designers and CAD staff assigned to your work or team. In this instance, an Engineer II would feel comfortable and capable supervising a design group of 2-5 people.
- Review, comment and process equipment and system submittals.
- Generate project specifications appropriate for the project.
- Develop complete and accurate sequence of operations for all designed systems.
- Working knowledge of equipment and system testing and commissioning.
- Perform coordination between architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, process and all electrical trades.
- Prepare designs, check, and specify power, lighting and auxiliary systems.
- Prepare power system single line diagrams, to include feeder and over current protection sizing, and equipment elevations.
- Conduct short circuit and over current protection device coordination studies.
- Conduct Arc Flash mitigation studies.
- Perform calculations required to determine distribution capacity due to voltage drop, voltage droop or underground heat effect (Neher-McGrath).
- Coordinate your work with the project Specifications or equipment buy-out.
- Visit job sites of remodel projects to field survey existing electrical conditions.
- Utilize engineering analysis programs and professional judgment to analyze loads, lighting levels, short circuit currents.
- Conduct value engineering functions.
- Attend project design team meetings. Interface with various team members, particularly the client, architect, and mechanical contractor/engineer.
- Work closely with the Rosendin Operations Project Manager to coordinate the design criteria with budgetary issues.
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferances, and errors.
- Oversee Design Team during the construction in order to assure the operations team is provided proper and timely information for installation. This will include attendance at Owner and Contractor meetings.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architectural engineering, or construction sciences.
- This candidate may have successfully completed the Engineer-In-Training and would be working toward his registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Securing a Professional Engineering license is ultimately required within two years for this position.
- A LEED AP® is desired for this position
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Requires a complete knowledge of electrical engineering for all facets of the work to include power distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, and value engineering as they relate to designing state-of-the-art, constructible projects.
- Prior experience as an Engineer I is required.
- High rise residential, Commercial, Data Center experience is a plus.
- Fluency in Analytics programs for short circuit and over current coordination, and arc flash analysis programs.
- Fluency with the Codes.
- Working knowledge of the energy efficiency requirements.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.