Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 99 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Accounts Payable Specialist ensures that invoices for assigned accounts are submitted timely, accurately, completely and in accordance with established billing processes or procedures. Responsible for the completion of the workflow process along with maintaining vendor relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process approximately 150 invoices daily, keeping data entry errors within the guidelines of the Company’s efficiency standards.
- Audit invoices for the appropriate sales tax rates and calculation issues; post to a General Ledger.
- Resolve issues with invoices unable to be keyed - identify issue and send to purchasing for resolution.
- Prioritize work so that discounts are maximized.
- Provide timely resolution of issues when called by vendor. Resolution includes interfacing with Purchasing Agent and vendor until issue is resolved.
- Reconciliation of monthly vendor statements.
- Checks are run and processed three times a month. This entails comparing check to imaging system and accounting system for accuracy.
- Perform general clerical duties including copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Postsecondary non-degree award or certificate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 4 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 10-Key by touch
- Oracle Software knowledge a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to work closely with operations and other departments in finance as required
- Build and maintain solid work relationships with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to apply and adapt quickly to new invoicing procedures
- Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills preferred
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.