Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 99 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Automotive Technician is responsible for servicing and maintaining company vehicles on a daily basis to ensure vehicle performance and driver safety. The Automotive Technician will communicate on a regular basis with Superintendents, General Foreman, Foreman and Project Managers regarding the maintenance status of vehicles and equipment. $5,000.00 sign on bonus upon completion of 90 Days employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects, services, repairs and overhauls transmissions, engines, clutches, drivelines, differentials, front and rear axle assemblies, ignition systems along with repairing hydraulic controls.
- Gathers computerized diagnostic information to assess vehicle repair.
- While maintaining the accuracy of vehicle and equipment reports, perform preventative and routine maintenance on automobiles, trucks, tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment which will include the use of electronic and analog diagnostic equipment.
- Completes mandated fleet inspections, performs ride complaint diagnostics to ensure all equipment meets OSHA / DOT standards. All repairs and modifications are done in accordance with operational specifications and safety standards.
- Installs vehicle body components, lights, light brackets, mirrors, decals and other accessories.
- Reports out-of-service equipment and estimated time needed for service in order to schedule future work.
- May weld and modify equipment and fabricate parts as needed.
- Diagnose/Repair performance issues and maintenance concerns on all off road equipment i.e.: Backhoes, skid steers, trenchers, and compactors.
- Coordinate with the Production, Project Managers and Managers regarding vehicles and equipment required maintenance for projects.
- Requisitions and stores shop supplies.
- When required will go into the field to repair vehicles and equipment.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Technology
- Minimum 10 years of experience in maintenance and repair of automotive and mechanical equipment as an automotive technician, heavy equipment technician or equipment repair specialist
- ASE Certified Automobile Technician in at least 8 disciplines or ASE Certified Master Automotive Technician
- Valid Class C, B or A California Driver's License and a clean driving record - May be required to complete a work simulation examination.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Applicants must have their own tools.
- Needs strong diagnostic abilities on performance and drivability concerns on all light and medium gas and diesel trucks.
- Proficient at OBDII diagnoses and repairs using Snap-On Modis scan tools.
- Must have experience and ability to work on both gas and diesel vehicles.
- Strong understanding of Hydraulic theory and operation.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
- Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases, paints or other irritants
- Variable work environment; work is conducted both indoors and outdoors with varying environmental conditions
- Able to lift 60 lbs., push/pull, stand/sit, walk and climb ladders if needed for extended periods
- Up to several hours per day may be spent operating a motor vehicle
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.