Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 98 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Application Support Specialist is responsible for working with end users on a day to day basis for the sustainment of our Operations/Business Applications and Mobile Applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works very closely with field employees at the Company to support our suite of construction management applications like About Time, Prolog, Primavera, Plan Grid, SharePoint and BIM360 Field.
- Part of a professional team providing a single point of contact for the efficient resolution of end-user application problems and requests.
- Train users on Prolog application through Web trainings and classroom training sessions.
- Stay connected with the end user community and gain knowledge on how they use the applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve Help Desk calls on Applications Operations, Mobile Applications, related hardware and software in a timely manner.
- Resolve issues utilizing excellent customer service skills, problem solving skills, technical thinking/reasoning skills.
- Coordinate with Vendor teams to report Bugs and enhancements as requested by the User community.
- Identify potential system problems and escalate to other departments as necessary for resolution.
- Communicate effectively with customers to manage expectations on response time.
- Identify and resolve issues by recommending modifications to business processes.
- Documentation of Training Manuals, functional specifications and end user requirements.
- Coordinate, and implement plans to test business and functional processes and quality assurance testing.
- Test software upgrades before rollout to the team.
- Interface with the end users to identify potential needs/opportunities for Software solutions.
- Provide customers with attentive, courteous and informative service.
- The position requires application support during normal business hours.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with software applications such as Abouttime, Prolog, BIM 360, Plan Grid, Mobile Applications, Primavera, Bluebeam etc.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic Knowledge of Mobile Applications, Application Administration activities, BIM 360 Field, Prolog and SharePoint
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation and troubleshooting skills overall
- Must be comfortable training small or large groups of people on Operations Applications like Prolog, Plangrid, About Time etc.
- Strong communication & customer service skills with the ability to stay on task when working independently
- Must be a self-starter, proactive and be able to interface with end users to prioritize issues
- Experience in Rollout of mobile applications
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Visio, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
Up to 30%
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.