Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 98 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for invoices that are assigned accounts are submitted timely, accurately, completely and in accordance with established billing processes or procedures. Researches and resolves invoices that are incomplete and unable to be billed. Performs timely collection of payment for assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare lump sum and time & material billings for submission to customers.
- Ensure that billing records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist in achieving and maintaining corporate goals with respect to billing metrics.
- Review data, report and identify issues. Take necessary steps to communicate or resolve the issues with customers and operations teams.
- Develop and maintain rapport with billing specialist counterparts at General Contractor or customer to ensure timely payment.
- Collect lien releases as required and maintain an accurate and up-to-date log of jobs requiring releases.
- Work with A/R Specialist and credit to facilitate collections.
- Review billing status of ongoing projects to ensure month-end cut off dates are met.
- Generate and review various reports and reconciliation for the billing department.
- Perform general clerical duties including copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Interface with project team to investigate and resolve issues to ensure jobs are billed accurately and within the appropriate time frames.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Minimum 1-year experience in a billing-related role in a construction setting
- Experience with accounting/billing and Cost Plus Billing preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrate the ability to work closely with operations and other departments in finance as required
- Ability to apply and adapt quickly to new invoicing procedures
- Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills favored
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.