Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For 98 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Commissioner is responsible for providing documented confirmation that all Electrical Systems are installed correctly and the building systems function are in compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead with the development and implementation of a Quality Assurance / Testing & Commissioning Team.
- Support REI Project Manager with the development of all Quality Assurance documentation, schedule, record keeping and final quality documentation submittals.
- Review Equipment Specifications, BOM’s, Submittals, and Project Installation Specifications for consistency with design and bid requirements prior to vendor selection and equipment ordering.
- Develop a Material and Equipment Management Plan.
- Create a procedure to verify and provide documentation that the installation and performance of the electrical systems meet the design requirements.
- Enhance communication by documenting system installation phases and performance throughout the project, and provide a means of quality control throughout all phases of construction.
- Validate and report that the electrical system installation and performance meet design requirements.
- Make all inspection requests and walk with Inspector to ensure that all inspections are complete, approved and documented.
- Assist with the coordination and supervision of the testing and start-up activities.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- 5 years’ experience in project management and/or quality assurance, preferably in electrical construction
- Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and methods required
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Accubid and Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.