Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For 98 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Estimator is responsible for preparing and completing bid documents and cost estimates for electrical construction projects. The Estimator controls the construction costs by collecting and studying information, evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring they know what is required to successfully bid and win the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work and enter into computer estimating system; review computer printout for accuracy and completeness.
- Request quotes from suppliers for equipment and materials.
- Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and solicit quotes. Review quotes for completeness with plans and specifications
- Itemize and quantify all incidentals necessary in preparing the bid packages including: sub-contract work, equipment rental, tools and supplies
- Prior to the issuing of the formal bid package, provide to the Chief Estimator a detailed review of scope, technical requirements and pricing for the estimated bid package.
- After the successful bid at project turnover, meet with Project Management to fully explain the estimate, scope of work, quotes and offer aspects for the successful transition of the project.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all client-required documents.
- Draft scope letter inclusions, exclusions, and clarifications for estimates
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience estimating commercial construction projects, preferably in electrical construction
- Experience in Accubid software preferred
- Experience in CAD or 3D software preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, construction technology, estimating techniques and cost control
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations required for estimating
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and/or engineering design drawings
- Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs expectations and requirements
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Interact with diverse individuals at Rosendin, customers and suppliers.
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.