The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for identifying business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. Works closely with end users to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. This includes working with business and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption.
- Works with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop business (BI) and data warehouse (DW) strategy.
- Collaborates with business customers to gather and document business requirements for reporting, business intelligence, programming and analytical needs.
- Translates business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data source.
- Create, maintain, and support complex reports, dashboards with multipart formulas, stored procedures, custom tables and customized functions utilizing Crystal Reports, Ad-Hoc Reports and Dashboards.
- Assist in defining and creating ETL mapping and process flow, as well as provide daily production support to report processes and end-user community.
- Design and create data schemas. (SAP BO Universe)
- Test and evaluate information and reconcile any differences from expected results.
- Respond to user ad-hoc requests for data, advising and assisting with options for providing relevant information.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Business Intelligence & report development
- Experience with SAP Business Objects environment including, Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, Explorer, Dashboards (Formerly Xcelius) and Universe design
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present technical information
- Training and training management skills with the ability to engage trainees in discussions during educational sessions
- Knowledge of terminology specific to the company, as well as, expertise in the subject matter being delivered
- Exceptional technical leadership and management skills
- Excellent reading comprehension skills, as well as, the ability to be an active listener
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Must have good problem solving and decision making skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Proficient with current and emerging technology; knowledge of and prior experience with SharePoint, Primavera, Prolog, Oracle EBS; other construction-related technical information systems considered a plus
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
Up to 20%
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.