The Designer Level II is responsible for the creation of marked drawings and other documents to show equipment and device layouts and branch circuiting for power, lighting, and auxiliary drawings. This position provides calculations and documentation for design of lighting and power systems, as well as details as required to define and clarify the intent of the design on drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble a complete symbols list and common project notes from the REI Standard relevant to the project.
- Mark-up branch circuit lighting and power plans and fill in panel board schedules with moderate supervision.
- Perform Title 24 lighting rules and requirements, or any local jurisdiction’s energy requirements with no supervision.
- Apply Rosendin standards for wire sizing, transformer feeders, and protection from published schedules.
- Has a working knowledge of feeder sizing, but may not be able to complete engineering calculations without assistance from the Engineer.
- Calculate lighting levels and layout fixtures for all traditional spaces; would require assistance of an Engineer or Senior Designer for spaces of high finish, specific application or aesthetic sensitivity.
- Select appropriate lighting fixtures and controls from either the Rosendin standards or product lines as appropriate for the project.
- Calculate power loads, size feeders, and determine estimated demand load summary for a distribution system.
- Perform coordination with all other trades, such as architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, vertical transportation, kitchen equipment and OPCI systems.
- Create details as required to define installation for construction.
- Direct and coordinate signal and low voltage subcontractors and designs with supervision and assistance.
- Provide the design lead for small jobs.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Postsecondary non-degree award or certification in engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Designer
- Can be a combination of education, training, and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must know how to calculate lighting levels and provide layouts based on the results of the calculations, and also how to fill out Title 24 documentation for inclusion on drawings
- Effective comprehensive field work and surveying skills
- Knowledge of load summary and power calculations are required
- Knowledge of 3D modeling in AutoCAD MEP and Revit
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.