The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Division and/or specific departments as assigned. This position will provide general assistance to all levels of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Act as liaison between supervisor and others (i.e., departments, external contacts, vendors, clients, etc.)
- Clients receive prompt and professional service.
- When needed prepares and distributes internal communications and serves as a central clearing position for general information.
- Oversee/process day-to-day administrative items: mail, overnight mail, packages, expense reports, checks, etc.
- Performs filing, typing, data input and other clerical support to all other departments and personnel, as directed.
- Answer inquiries and/or direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Answers telephone calls within 3 rings, route calls, and takes messages, as necessary.
- Coordinate and initiate meetings and travel arrangements for the Department. Arrange schedules for management staff.
- Maintain supervisor's calendar, schedule meetings and conference rooms for Department.
- Compose and/or edit/distribute letters, memos, reports and other departmental correspondence on time.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail for Department.
- Coordinates courier services, pickups, and deliveries.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Provide support by photocopying, filing, and sending faxes as needed.
- When needed transmits facsimiles for all staff, as required, as maintains a fax file.
- Pulls and put files to dead storage as required.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience that is equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/ E-Verify Employer