Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For 98 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for providing overall administrative and construction support for our Project Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage all aspects of project documentation including submittals, RFIs and project meeting minutes.
- Supervise and direct overall project activities as assigned by the Project Manager including planning and coordinating, circumventing/resolving problem areas, ensuring all company/project policies, procedures and standards are maintained, etc.
- Maintain all change order, submittal and document (drawing) control logs. Prepare required logs and other project documentation for construction meetings.
- Responsible for contract submittals that are accurate and timely
- Responsible for creating and issuing the Subcontractors’ contracts.
- Responsible for the assembly and timely delivery of the Owner and Maintenance Manuals.
- Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and followed.
- Interacts with Subcontractors to make certain that we have obtained the correct documentation and drawing for the Owner and Maintenance Manuals.
- Responsible for keeping the Warranty Log up to date.
- Represent company/project in meetings with client, subcontractors, etc.
- Cooperate with and technically assist field personnel assigned to area of responsibility.
- Monitor other contractors’ activities and progress.
- Responsible for creating the Job Information Sheets and establishing Job Files.
- Assume total project supervision responsibilities in Project Manager's absence.
- Prepares price change orders and project reports and documentation.
- Works with payroll to ensure accurate payroll information.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or other related discipline preferred
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a construction-related role.
Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience that is equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and methods required
Tactful and has professional demeanor, and ability to interact effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others
Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
Strong attention to details
Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills
Ability to identify and meet customers’ expectations and requirements
Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
10 – 25%
General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
Noise level is usually low to medium
Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.