Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people.
The Designer III is responsible for the creation of marked drawings and other documents to show equipment and device layouts and branch circuiting for power, lighting, and auxiliary drawings. Provide calculations and documentation for design of lighting and power systems. Provide details as required to define and clarify the intent of the design on drawings. Work closely with project manager and take design lead on projects. Coordinates with clients, architects, and other discipline engineers to complete drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mark-up branch circuit lighting and power plans and fill in panel board schedules with moderate supervision.
- Perform Title 24 lighting rules and requirements, or any local jurisdiction’s energy requirements with no supervision.
- Apply Rosendin standards for wire sizing, transformer feeders, and protection fro published schedules. Has a working knowledge of feeder sizing, but may not be able to complete engineering calculations without assistance from the Engineer.
- Calculate lighting levels and layout fixtures for all traditional spaces. Would require assistance of an Engineer for spaces of high finish, specific application or aesthetic sensitivity.
- Select appropriate lighting fixtures and controls from either the Rosendin standards or product lines as appropriate for the project.
- Calculate power loads, size feeders, and determine estimated demand load summary for a distribution system.
- Perform coordination with all other trades, such as architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, vertical transportation, kitchen equipment and OPCI systems.
- Create details as required to define installation for construction.
- Run short circuit studies.
- Have familiarity with the National Electrical Code and know how to use it as a reference.
- Attend project design team meetings. Interface with various team members, particularly the client, architect, and mechanical contractor/engineer.
- Work closely with the Rosendin Operations Project Manager to coordinate the design criteria with budgetary issues.
- Direct and coordinate signal and low voltage sub-contractors and designs with supervision and assistance.
- Back-check of own work as well as the work of other designers under their supervision for accuracy and completeness before passing on to others.
- Comprehensive field work and surveying skills.
- Limited coordination with other trades and disciplines on the project.
- Position requires a team oriented person with good interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Postsecondary non-degree award or certification in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Designer with knowledge of electrical symbols
- LEED AP preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Fluency in the current version of CAD software
- Fluency in 3D modeling including AutoCAD MEP and REVIT
- Working knowledge of the Code
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.