Job Title: Information Technology Intern
Department: Information Technology
Location: Denver, CO
Reports To: SVP, Application Development & Support Manager
The Redwood Trust Summer Internship Program gives college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in the dynamic industry of real estate investment. We are seeking interns in the areas of finance and accounting, technology, and human resources who are eager to learn and willing to take on new and challenging tasks. In return, we’ll provide on-the-job and specialized training to help you hit the ground running. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experience, while applying the knowledge and skills learned in school in a business environment. You will also have the opportunity to learn how Redwood Trust operates and work with the best and brightest professionals in the business.
- Applicants must be available for a full-time 10-week paid internship program which begins late May or early June depending on the semester scheduling
- Interns will gain hands on project experience in a mortgage investment firm with a strong corporate culture
- Internship cohort will be provided with in-office learning opportunities (i.e. lunch and learns) and Internship events in and outside the office
- We are only accepting applications from students who are able to commute to our Denver (Englewood), CO office. Redwood Trust will not provide housing for employees in the internship program
- Please note only individuals who are authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered
Example of Responsibilities & Duties
- Participate in Internship Program activities and events
- Participate in share out with peers and program leaders throughout and at the end of the program
- Assist with work relating to Quality Assurance, including the integration of a recently acquired organization
- Perform testing and work in compliance with SOX
- Assist with projects relating to QA, infrastructure, helpdesk, and data center work
- Assist with additional projects, as requested
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Applicants should be pursuing a degree in Business, Information Systems, or Computer Science, with relevant coursework completed
- Minimum 3.3 GPA required with at least 3 years of college completed
- Strong analytical and computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Solid record of past work experience and/or participation in meaningful extra-curricular activities
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Good teamwork skills, ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to learn quickly
- Accuracy and attention to detail, very organized
- Trustworthy with highest level of integrity and respect
JOB APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: December 31, 2019
This Privacy Notice explains how Redwood Trust, Inc. and each of its subsidiaries, except for the subsidiaries doing business as 5 Arches, LLC, 5 Arch Funding Corp., and 5 Arch Asset Management, LLC (“5 Arch”) and CoreVest American Finance Lender LLC (“CoreVest”),(collectively, “Redwood Trust,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes personal information about our recruits and job applicants.
This Privacy Notice is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations. This Privacy Notice also is not intended to replace other notices or disclosures we may provide to you in connection with your application for a job or eventual role in our organization, which will supersede any conflicting disclosures contained in this Privacy Notice.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you within the context of you acting as a job applicant. It does not include aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or reasonably linked to you.
Our Collection of Personal Information
During the recruiting process and when you apply for a job with us, we collect personal information about you, which may include:
- Contact and Identifying Information: such as your full name, social security number, email address, home address and telephone number.
- Professional History & Qualifications: such as your previous employers, positions and work experience, professional licenses, certificates or other qualifications, employment references or referrals.
- Equal Opportunity Information: such as age, citizenship status, gender, disability, veteran or accommodation request when you choose to provide it, but it will not be used in employment-related decisions, unless specifically permitted by law.
- Educational History & Qualifications: such as your highest level of education, the schools you attended and when you were in attendance, degrees, certificates or other educational qualifications you earned, and your transcripts or educational references.
- Financial Information: such as your previous or desired salary, bonus, benefits, expenses, and stock or equity grants, if you voluntarily provide us with this type of information, or if we collect this type of information in a jurisdiction where such collection is permitted.
- Background Check and Reference Check Information: when permitted by applicable law, we may choose to conduct a background check and/or conduct reference checks in connection with your application such as to verify professional and educational history and qualifications or identify criminal history that may be relevant for a position with us. The results of the background check and/or reference check may include personal information we do not already have about you.
- Web-Related Information: such as technical details about your visit to our online services contained in log files or analytics data relating to your usage and activity on our online services. For more information, please refer to the general Privacy Notice on our website (https://directlink.redwoodconduit.com/rw/PrivacyPolicy.pdf).
- Other Application and Interview Information: any personal information you choose to share with us in your interview or application, CV, resume, transcripts or other supporting documentation.
Although we often collect the personal information described above directly from you, we may also collect certain information from references, recruiters, job-related social media sites (such as LinkedIn), background check providers and publicly available sources. In addition, we may also collect this information through service providers and other third parties that collect it on our behalf, such as communications providers, scheduling providers and application providers.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect during the recruiting process and when you apply for a job with us to:
- Identify you as a potential candidate and review your application for a position with us;
- Verify the information provided to us in connection with your application or received from other sources;
- Determine your eligibility and suitability for the potential position or other opportunities with us;
- Facilitate the recruiting and interview process;
- Communicate with you about the status of your application or other opportunities with us that may be of interest to you;
- Assess and improve the performance and success of our recruiting and hiring process;
- Conduct internal investigations, audits, compliance, risk management, problem resolution and security operations;
- Fulfill contractual obligations to you and other third parties;
- Comply with applicable law, rule, regulation, legal proceeding and government investigations, including relating to tax reporting and immigration.
Please note that if you accept an offer from us, we may transfer the personal information we collected about you during the recruiting and job application process to your personnel file with us.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes described below:
- Within Redwood Trust and With Our Family of Companies: Redwood Trust and its family of companies are made up of many legal entities that are responsible for different aspects of our organization’s recruiting and hiring operations. We share personal information relating to job applicants and recruits within this family of companies for internal administrative purposes and uses that are consistent with this Privacy Notice. For example, the Redwood Trust entity responsible for the job posting may share personal information about you with another Redwood Trust, Inc. entity or company that is responsible for our organization-wide recruiting and employment decisions.
- Recruiters and Job Application Providers: We often engage recruiters and job application providers to assist us in identifying potential job applicants and processing job applications we receive. In order for these third parties to assist us in the recruiting and job application process, we share personal information about potential and current personnel with them.
- Background Check and Reference Check Providers: When permitted by applicable law, we may choose to conduct a background check and/or reference check in connection with a job application, such as to verify professional and educational history and qualifications or identify criminal history that may be relevant for a position with us. In order to facilitate the background check and/or reference check, we share personal information about the relevant job applicant with trusted background check and/or reference check providers.
- Other Service Providers: In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf in connection with the uses of personal information described in the Our Collection of Personal Information and Our Use of Personal Information sections above, including assisting us with our recruiting process, personnel management, benefits and services offerings and other related business operations. Depending on the function the third party serves, the service provider may process personal information on our behalf or have access to personal information while performing functions on our behalf.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws and regulations or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Consent: We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties with your consent.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the "Effective Date" at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by prominent posting on our website or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please contact (866) 221-3171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.