GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Sustainability Program Specialist
Under limited general direction, supports the development, implementation and analysis of sustainability projects and programing, including data analysis, sustainability reporting, tool and systems development and coordination with other corporate departments and operating companies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supports sustainability efforts through project development (promotion and approval), data analysis, project coordination, implementation and project reporting (i.e. Green Business Certification, Renewable Energy, Resource Management).
- Collects, maintains and analyzes sustainability data and metrics derived from various Recology systems (Measurabl, GRACE, RCTS, JDE Systems, TBL Scoring, GoCanvas).
- Assists with the implementation and maintenance of sustainability-related data management systems and tools, including data gathering, system use and reporting
- Assists with research, data gathering and analysis, content development, and publications related to Recology’s sustainability reporting and communication efforts.
- Prepares administrative, operational, and statistical reports related to Recology’s Sustainability activity.
- Coordinates with third-party vendors and partners (i.e. consultants, academia, strategic partnerships) related to outside engagement with Recology sustainability projects.
- Monitors emerging sustainability trends, programs and issues.
- Represents Recology and the Sustainability Department activity at internal and external functions.
- Performs other sustainability-related project support, administration and duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One year related experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
IDEAL CANDIDATE – The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Understanding of data analysis and use of data to support projects and initiatives
Skill and / or Ability to:
- Promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources as well as finding ways to use waste products in ways that benefit the environment.
- Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Use computers and other technology.
- Exhibit sound judgment and professionalism in all aspects of the position.
- Demonstrate proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise as well as company business.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Present ideas effectively to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Consistently build and share knowledge and expertise about current job through reading, new experiences, and exposure to new ideas.
- Listen to and build customer relationships; increase customer satisfaction and ensure commitments are met.
- Develop strategies to effectively manage current and future challenges and opportunities; develop recommendations and actionable plans.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- becoming an owner in our Company
- two retirement plans:
- a supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) match (up to 4% of salary)
- health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- educational assistance (up to $5,250 per year)
- a robust employee assistance program with financial guidance, legal assistance, dependent referrals and lots of discounts to a variety of vendors
- an employee referral program where you can achieve cash incentives (up to $2500 per referral)
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- commuting benefits - we help subsidize the cost to get to work
- annual wellness incentives (up to $300)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.