Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Software Engineer, IV
Want to be part of the team that’s taking the healthcare industry by storm by engineering systems that have a significant impact on patient care, healthcare spend and population health management? Do you want to be part of our organization in the continued development of a data pipeline using AI for predictive analytics and benchmarking? Do you thrive in an agile environment that values sustainable quality over velocity and encourage team members’ direct participation? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Omnicell is looking for you.
Omnicell’s customers range from clinicians in large hospitals to managing their own medication regiment from home. It is our mission to improve healthcare for everyone. We do this by removing unnecessary manual processes that allow caregivers to focus on what matters; the patient. We also help patients who are talking medications succeed in being adherent to their medication regimen, keeping them healthier and reducing their overall healthcare spend.
Omnicell has an opening for a passionate Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering Team located in Cranberry Township, PA. As a platform team member, you will work with a team of engineers on our cloud data platform that streams data from a variety of health care software and hardware systems in real-time to create transformational recommendations and benchmarking across our customers. Our solutions help to drive improved financial performance, compliance, and better patient outcomes. Each day you will make a positive impact in healthcare, while working with the latest technologies
- Provide technical leadership to the team and the project
- Works within the team to design and build product deliverables based on overall architecture direction
- Works with multiple scrum teams (onshore and/or offshore) on providing quality and value to our customers
- Works in an agile environment implementing complex code changes for specific requirements or applications
- Works with the scrum team and Agile Product Owner to drive the creation of project stories with an awareness of the project goal
- Understands the drivers and requirements of the business and translates those into technology solutions
- Meets the definition of done and promotes coding standards.
- Ensures unintentional technical debt is not created
- Recommends improvements to the software delivery cycle to help remove waste and impediments for the team
- Drives, promotes and measures team performance against the sprint and project goal.
- Works with the team to continuously improve in development practices and process
- Troubleshoots complex problems with existing or newly-developed software
- Mentoring and coaching of Software Engineers – onshore and/or offshore
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient understanding of microservice architecture
- Ability to lead change, be bold, and have the ability to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Passionate about solving customer problems and develop solutions that result in a passionate customer/community following
- Design and implementation of software solutions
- Ability to help review code on the team
- Working knowledge of computer databases and SQL Server
- Strong understanding of HTTP and RESTful services
- Intermediate knowledge of the business drivers and processes pertaining to projects undertaken
- Understanding of industry best practices and process associated with software development esp. in DevOps
- Object Oriented Development
- Extensive knowledge and experience in implementing software design patterns
- Good knowledge of agile development (especially Scrum and / or Kanban)
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 3+ years experience with microservices architecture
- 6+ years of experience with DevOps technologies such as Ansible, Octopus
- 2+ Years experience in Cloud technologies like AWS, CloudFront, Kubernetes, VPC, RDS, etc
- Experience leading projects or teams
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Master Degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 3+ years experience with microservices architecture
- 3+ Years experience in Angular 2 or 4
- 1+ years DevOps experience in Cloud technologies like AWS, CloudFront, Kubernetes, VPC, RDS, etc
- 6 months+ experience with .Net core
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.