Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Salesforce Administrator & Developer
The Salesforce Administrator & Developer will work in an agile team environment to manage, design, code, test and implement new Salesforce lightning application to meet project objectives and support new or expanding business requirements.
Candidate must have technical proficiency with the Salesforce platform along with general application development expertise. Candidates should be able to participate in the entire development lifecycle from design through deployment. Ability to code in the Apex language is essential, and knowledge of other coding languages is helpful.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Salesforce Platform developer 1 Certification
- Strong hands on experience with administration, configuration, customization and development within salesforce.com.
- Must have extensive Salesforce lightning UI Experience.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams to coordinate work and resolve system issues in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Engage customer stakeholders to understand desired business outcomes and define success criteria.
- Lead requirements refinement sessions to uncover customers’ business, functional, and technological requirements.
- Create clear and comprehensive user stories and solution design documentation.
- Perform fit-gap analysis between Salesforce functionality and customer requirements.
- Design innovative Salesforce solutions involving: configuration of Salesforce and Managed Packages, creation and refinement of complex data models, external integration, business process automation, and other custom functionality.
- Draft custom development specifications and manage the delivery and testing of the functionality by Development resources.
- Iterate on solutions through a Build/Test/Review cycle.
- Develop training curriculum and deliver training sessions to the solution’s end users.
- Must have experience developing and customizing Salesforce.com application via web service, Apex, Triggers, Eclipse IDE, SOQL, Visualforce and Lightning framework.
- Experience in integrating Salesforce with external systems using REST and SOAP API.
- Implementation knowledge of workflow rules, validation rule, approval process, reports and dashboards.
- Experience with database development, SQL or PL/SQL, database schemas, stored procedures is essential.
- Must have experience with deployment using change-set/eclipse/ANT migration tool and working on solving deployment errors.
- Must be able to manage basic admin activities like creating a user, security profiles and permission sets etc.
- Understanding Salesforce governance limits and code coverage.
- Follow unit testing best practices and be capable of coding for positive/negative scenarios.
- Working knowledge on Salesforce release and change management process.
- Manage day to day development activities on the salesforce.com platform using lightning framework.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives and company goals.
- Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements.
- Communicate with project managers and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
- Interact directly with managers, end users and implementation partner as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instance.
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow.
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, sales and accounting to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Oversee solutions design and delivery, including integration with existing architecture including SAP CRM & ERP system.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 5 + years experience with the Salesforce Platform as a developer
- 5+ years experience with APEX Programming Language
- Experience with Visualforce
- Experience with Salesforce Security Models
Other preferred skills:
- Salesforce administration Certification
- Knowledge on HTML/HTML5, CSS, XML, AJAX, Web-services, Google APIs, JQuery/any other java-script framework.
- Object oriented programming experience in J2EE/.Net platforms.
- Salesforce mobile development using Salesforce1 experience.
Integration with SAP ECC and C4C.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.