Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Senior Manager Installation ADC
Reporting directly to the Operations Director UK&I, the role of Senior Manager Installation ADC is a high profile position within the extended management leadership team of the UK organisation.
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure installation of all customer booked orders for the Omnicell Automated Dispensing Cabinet (ADC) and associated software product lines in public and private hospital environments, in order to deliver the agreed business revenue objectives.
- Maintain an accurate rolling ADC installation project schedule for the business
- Accurately forecast and deliver quarterly installation projects and associated revenue
- Dynamic reporting to the business of revenue performance, risks and mitigation contingencies
- Lead customer project initiation meetings with the Sales and Customer Solutions teams to define and validate project deliverables, key timings, customer requirements and material planning
- Oversee and ensure precise multi installation project management and delivery including meticulous project planning, customer sign off/user acceptance and revenue recognition administration
- Measure, deploy, monitor and review manpower requirements for project installation schedule as required for business revenue targets and profitability
- Identify, develop, implement and continually review ADC installation process documentation in line with corporate guidance and ISO 9001 quality management system ensuring best practice and quality of operations
- Annual department budget planning and forecasting, and operate department within budget guidelines to ensure Omnicell UK financial goals are met
- Leadership of direct reports and wider team including driving behavioural and productivity performance, identification of role based training needs/provision of appropriate training, personal development planning and provision of appropriate work based tools and materials
- Identify, measure and review key performance indicators for department to drive efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction of installation operations
- Forge project based customer relationships to promote installation delivery, the Omnicell brand and a great customer experience
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate health and safety policies and procedures, including customer site risk assessments and method statements
- Collaborate cross functionally with wider management team and international stakeholders contributing to improving business operations, strategic decision making and customer intimacy
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of modular software design methodologies & architectures
- Understanding of Microsoft’s SQL data bases, .NET technology, ASP
- Understanding of the business process analysis and integration development methodology
- In depth knowledge of working with PHI and confidential data products
- Project Management - ability to effectively manage and lead multiple projects concurrently, holder of APM / PMI / PRINCE2 qualification
- Collate and manipulate data to present clear management information
- Advanced Communications Skills - ability to effectively share complex ideas across departments, and with customers and vendors in a manner that is understandable and leads to positive outcome
- Effective influential leadership across all project resources/stakeholders and team
- Effectively negotiate with team and customers
- Deliver highly satisfied customer experiences
- Microsoft Office proficient including MS project and other standard project management packages
- Working knowledge of SAP
- 5 GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C (including Mathematics & English Language)
- Three A Level or equivalent Grades A-C
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or an equivalent combined experience/education in the areas of: Clinical or Computer Science, Information Technology, Project Management
- 7+ year’s relevant healthcare industry proven background in IT/equipment implementations
- Successful track record of leading multiple, highly-complex IT / equipment installation projects that include stakeholders at all levels and associated revenue attainment
- Conversant in current healthcare IT applications, architecture and business processes
- Project Management and IT integration within a healthcare environment
- Relationship-building and influencing across a broad constituency ranging from C-Suite executives, clinical leaders, caregivers and information technology teams
- Multi-site field team leadership and performance management
- Budgetary responsibility and multi million revenue target management/delivery/reporting
- Knowledge of data exchange formats – JSON, EDI standards such as X.12
- Knowledge of communication methods e.g. WS, Socket, HTTPS, SFTP etc.
- Relevant higher education qualification with Electronics or Industrial Technology studies
- Clinical system and software installations in the acute care hospital environment – supply chain and pharmacy
- Clinical applications, clinician workflow processes and patient care/cost impact awareness
- Healthcare industry experience in designing and implementing pharmacy, nursing, and hospital supply workflows
- Working within / managing Technical Support Services in a relevant technology industry
- Experience with troubleshooting, repair, or design of electrical / electronic circuits, or maintenance and troubleshooting of computer-based and PLC-based machinery
- Predominantly field based remote, customer sites within a hospital setting
- Dynamic schedule
- Some extended / irregular hours in line with customer project requirement
- Head Office contact
- Physically demanding at times during installations
- Travel - 60-75 % field based with occasional international travel
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.