Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Technical Service Engineer
Technical Service Engineer
Do you have a strong electrical- mechanical aptitude? Omnicell is hiring for field-based Technical Service Engineering positions. Great opportunity to join a growing company!
Omnicell Technical Service Engineers (TSE) provide troubleshooting, repair services and scheduled preventive maintenance for the Omnicell’s pharmacy and supply automation solutions at customer sites within a designated geographic area. Omnicell TSEs are dispatched as needed by Omnicell’s 24x7 Call Center. Although TSEs focus mainly on hardware repairs, the Omnicell solutions are a combination of hardware and software and TSEs work with both.
• On site troubleshooting and repair of customer problems on Omnicell products
• Meet company guidelines for response time and service levels
• Differentiate between hardware and software product problems
• Collect and report all customer and problem data in Omnicell database
• Escalate product bugs, malfunctions, and design issues through support channels for resolution
• Provide support coverage 24 hour/7days a week
• Frequent local travel in primary area
• Provide backup support in adjacent areas as needed
• Participation in various staff meetings
• Manage territory service quality and customer satisfaction; parts inventory and RMA process; and software updates
• Participate in various field projects as necessary
• Troubleshoot customer issues over phone and provide remote support
• Provide home work space and space for trunk stock inventory
Knowledge and Skills:
• Computer skills in the following areas: Database, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, & Graphics.
• Computer systems skills: Windows 7, XP, 2003 SQL, Firefox & Networking
• Basic electronics knowledge
• Possess and excellence in speaking and writing English
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work well with customers
• Must have good organization skills
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to approximate 5 ft. height
• Ability to:
o evaluate multiple customer issues and set priorities
o manage processes
Note: The selected individual must have a valid driver license with an acceptable driving record, be able to meet company’s insurance coverage requirements and have their own vehicle in acceptable working condition.
• Associate degree/Technical Certification with 3 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems. (In lieu of Associates degree, a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems is required)
• Bachelor degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or Engineering
• Coursework in Network Engineering, Robotics or Electronics
• Experience working in a hospital environment a plus
• Field based position
• Travel required
• On call 24/7 days a weeks
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you've applied online with us before, we already have your information on file! Login using your email address and password to update your profile and apply to this job instantly.
|Back to Search Results