Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Senior Program Manager
Omnicell has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Program Manager in Raleigh, NC. This position is accountable for leading the team through each phase of Omnicell’s product development process from inception through commercial launch. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Program Management or the PMO Manager, the Senior Program Manager will have individual development efforts under their leadership and will work with other members of the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure coordination between programs and to improve processes.
- Leads the planning and execution of a high complexity new product development program or more than one smaller programs to meet business objectives
- Coordinates the efforts of PMO staff members in support of program objectives as needed
- Contributes expert knowledge to the PMO team's efforts to establish and continuously improve program management best practices. May lead specific improvement initiatives
- Drives teams and self to meet commitments in order to achieve success. Hold self and team accountable for results. Minimum supervision required. Is a self-starter
- Customer Focus - Leads the team to create or optimize value for Omnicell's customers during decision making, planning, execution, and managing change
- Strategic Knowledge - Uses expert knowledge of the company strategy and product roadmap to guide decision making
- Leads the management of priorities to balance customer value, quality, program timeliness, risk, and program budget
- Applies knowledge to Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor / Control, and Close projects in accordance with industry standard principles and Omnicell's Product Development Process and Product Approval Committee process. Demonstrates effective tailoring of processes within the program constraints to minimize effort and maximize value
- Integrates all objectives and functions, manages interdependencies across all activities of the program. Ensure all work has been completed and reviewed per program schedule.
- Effectively leads change management; assess change and communicate impacts, leads replanning activities, and applies a structured methodology to approve and document changes.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Has expert knowledge of the process of commercial new product introduction (NPI) from concept, through development, manufacturing and release to commercial launch and customer hand-off
- Demonstrates skill and maturity to identify and interact with stakeholders, assess their needs, provide metrics and status reports as needed, and manage stakeholder's expectations throughout the lifetime of the program.
- Communicates by practicing active listening, maintaining a positive attitude, keeping an open mind, taking responsibility for communication success, and using appropriate communication methods. Communicates effectively to all levels of the organization, including to the executive level. Demonstrated effectiveness at public speaking, creating presentations, and written reports.
- Ability to present the acceptable level of detail to any function or stakeholder within the organization with both a strategic and tactical focus. Understands how to create effective presentations, visuals and outputs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Eight (8) years of experience in Project or Program Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, finance or business
- Master’s Degree
- Project Management certification or certificate (PMP, PgMP, CPM, DAU, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with product portfolio management
- Expert knowledge of and experience with various Agile practices and frameworks such as SCRUM and Kanban. Ability to interact with Scrum Masters and Product Owners and other Agile based roles. Able to integrate Agile timelines (Sprints, etc.) into overall program schedules.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with Systems Engineering principles and Systems Integration of hardware and software in product development.
- Significant experience in program management or other technical role working with and within a regulated quality management system (DOD, FDA, ISO) for product development
- Expert knowledge of and experience with the process for procurement of goods and services including, contracts, statements of work, and requests for proposal
- Significant knowledge of and experience with development, verification, validation, and manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems
- Significant knowledge of and experience with Software as Service concepts and how it is developed and deployed
- Significant knowledge of and experience with cloud computing, data analytics, big data, machine learning or artificial intelligence
- Office Environment
- Up to 20% travel
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.