Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Director, Performance Optimization & Services
Director, Performance Optimization & Services
The Director of Performance Optimization and Services will develop medication management strategies with the current and prospective Omnicell customer base to optimize medication use, supply chain logistics, meet regulatory requirements, and improve patient outcomes across their health system by providing actionable information, data science expertise, benchmarking and planning to ensure their success. The individual is responsible for defining, developing and delivering expert consultative services and solutions in the area of medication management that allows customers to deploy enterprise software, processes and supporting infrastructure to realize the full potential value of Omnicell’s medication management platform. Leads the Command Center and is responsible for monitoring, configuring and supporting the Performance Center’s global infrastructure.
• Sales Support: Provide consultation to convey the vision for Performance Center’s medication management services and articulate its unique value proposition
• Planning and Implementation: Guide new customers on the setup and optimization of medication use process optimization solutions, including support for design and implementation of processes and infrastructure within the Health System related to pharmacy operations and services
• Command Center: Lead a team of customer-facing specialists who support health systems
• Execution: Assist existing customers with ongoing optimization of their medication management processes to ensure system-level goals are met
• Sustainability: Lead development and commercialization of medication management benchmarking, best practices and other services to ensure customer realizes the full value from their investment over the long-term
To accomplish this, the Director must be a highly experienced, motivated individual with a proven record of achievement in helping customers realize success in their medication use processes across the system and the continuum of care. This includes the ability to shape solutions to address customer issues, collaborate with sales and marketing in positioning solutions, write and present scope of work documents, develop and manage the delivery of services, and build strong client loyalty and relationships.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to work collaboratively with customers and drive consensus at both a strategic and operational level to enable the full value of solutions across the health system.
• Ability to develop and credibly deliver executive-level presentations regarding medication management strategies and logistics management.
• Ability to develop content and processes delivered into repeatable, extensible offerings for customers.
• Ability to operationalize medication management best practices to ensure consistent and sustainable results for customer using the solution.
• Comfort managing multiple customer engagements and projects simultaneously.
• Strong entrepreneurial perspective and ability to define and deliver market opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree and 12 years minimum professional experience
• At least 7 years of experience, expertise, and process skills in healthcare supply chain domain and pharmacy service optimization
• 3 years’ experience supporting and leading a command center, a team of specialists supporting customers using real-time data connectivity
• 7 years’ experience leading initiatives in supply chain and pharmacy service consolidation and optimization in a healthcare environment.
• Experience working in healthcare sector
• Working knowledge of pharmacy operations a strong plus.
• AI/Machine learning familiarity
• Familiarity with Lean and Six Sigma practices in healthcare desirable
• Travel requirements: 40%
• Location: Corporate Headquarters, Cranberry Township, PA
• Physical Requirements – Sitting, standing, walking, and using a keyboard.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you've applied online with us before, we already have your information on file! Login using your email address and password to update your profile and apply to this job instantly.
|Back to Search Results