Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Technical Support Desk Engineer
Technical Support Desk Engineer
The Technical Support Desk Engineer is responsible for providing 1st level support to all Omnicell customers and Omnicell field employees. As the initial point of customer contact for 24x7x365 support, this position plays a key role in assuring timely response and quality support to customer inquiries. The position provides a critical interface with customers in answering user questions and resolving low level technical problems or triaging more complex problems and escalating those calls to higher level support engineers for timely resolution.
The primary job function is to support Omnicell customers, 3 rd party field service, and Omnicell field employees. This is a highly visible position due to the direct daily contact with Omnicell customers and internal management.
The role will provide 1st level technical support for Omnicell products installed throughout the customer base. The role will support calls via phone, e-mail, direct consultation and must assure prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers by effective communication, timely follow-up, technical expertise and adherence to department policies and standards. They will also need a clear understanding of when a problem is beyond them or the fix requires more time than expected.
· Handle a large number (10-20+) of initial contacts and first time resolution support.
· Communicate clearly at an appropriate level to provide a professional and knowledgeable experience for customers. That communication may be oral or written and may utilize live (phone/chat) or offline (email/VM) systems.
· Create accurate and complete documentation on all customer interactions and problem diagnostics
· Provide a high availability and rapid response to all customer calls/escalations.
· As needed, escalate calls appropriately, rapidly, and with necessary supporting documentation
· Follow all company and customer policies
· Educate customers as necessary to allow them to support themselves or resolve their issues
· Guide customers through manual resolutions when necessary
· Provide remote connectivity support via any of the available methods
· Follow through on tickets and make necessary contacts to ensure call is closed to customer’s satisfaction, and ensure customer is appropriately updated.
· Manage initial customer contact with possibly irate customers and ensure call is properly handled.
· Utilize all commonly provided tools necessary to support customer.
· Query available resources to acquire already documented solutions
· Identify new problems and contribute information necessary to document resolutions
· Recognize repeating problems and give attention to those issues
· Contribute to process improvement teams or other assigned tasks
· Strive to meet individual, department and company goals and objectives
· 80% Direct phone and remote troubleshooting support of customers, Including call documentation in Service database
· 10% Product and support training, including formal classroom, on-site, and one-on-one training forums
· 10% Working on projects assigned by management
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Competency in Microsoft Operating systems
· Basic understanding of Networking
· TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
· Network hardware (routers, switches, hubs, NIC cards, cabling)
· Network security (Firewall, IP filtering, IPSec, SSL)
· Solid understanding of computer hardware peripherals (Installation and Setup): Printers, Monitors, network printers, scanners, keyboards, input devices
· Basic understanding of computer hardware troubleshooting (hard drives, pc boards, electronics, wiring, etc.)
· Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Fluent in the English language
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to maintain calm, professional demeanor when under pressure
· Ability to manage large workload
· High School diploma
· 2+ years of work experience in a technical support role with direct customer contact
· 2+ years of work experience in troubleshooting computer hardware and software issues (hard drives, PC boards, electronics, wiring, electrical mechanic components, etc.)
· Experience in using remote support methods (Dial-up, RAS, VPN, PCAnywhere, Terminal Services, VNC, FTP)
· Associates Degree (Electronics or Computer Science concentration preferred)
· MSCE Certification
· Network certified technician
· SQL and Oracle database query experience
· Previous experience using CRM or other customer/system logging applications
· Previous healthcare experience including
· Experience in a technical support environment dealing with the Healthcare industry
· Experience working on Healthcare Bio-Medical devices (remote or hands-on)
· Job experience providing understanding of Healthcare/pharmacy terminology
· Job experience providing understanding of Hospital work structure
· Office Environment
· Occasional work-from-home (requires functional, quiet environment)
· Must be able to work fluctuating schedule during various hours and required rotating on-call shifts
· Must be able to work occasional weekend shifts and shift rotations to meet business needs
· Occasional travel for training (5%)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you've applied online with us before, we already have your information on file! Login using your email address and password to update your profile and apply to this job instantly.
|Back to Search Results