Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Manufacturing Engineer II
Manufacturing Engineer II
Omnicell is currently hiring a Manufacturing Engineer II to work in our St. Petersburg facility. The Manufacturing Engineer performs complex mechanical engineering work under the guidance of a Sr. Process Engineering Manager and will own dedicated functions of manufacturing and support departments. The ME will also offer support in other areas ensuring technical competence and compliance with all current criteria.
· Develop fundamental understanding of critical process and technical requirements, identify areas of technical risk in assigned projects, conduct prototype / feasibility testing to verify concept and define and document system design specifications
· Designs, develops and tests / sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
· Actively participate / direct all phases of the project including design, fabrication, off-line integration and testing, installation, production start-up support, training of plant personnel and technology transfer
· Conduct equipment qualifications including, FAT, SAT, IOQ, PQ
· Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment
· Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. Coordinates the required quotes from several vendors, reviews quotes and makes necessary recommendations based on the lowest and best bid, competency of vendors and consultants and selection criteria
· Use a data driven approach to tooling maintenance and repairs, which includes tracking strikes, impressions, etcetera and maintenance history, to predictively schedule necessary actions to minimize tooling cost, scrap and machine downtime
· Responsible for tracking and predicting tool life in a proactive manner to predict replacement needs and failures
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining budgets for the repair and maintenance related to tooling
· Facilitate effective communication across all departments, and within the tooling maintenance department across a two-shift operation, to share progress, status, and lessons-learned
· Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Possess strong Microsoft Office skills (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) for report generation, general communications, and appropriate presentations.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor or any other drawing software
· Knowledge of Minitab or Tableau
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering
· 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering support role
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering support role
· Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Project Management experience
· Work is performed in both office and manufacturing setting.
· While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; lift greater than or equal to 20lbs.
· The employee may be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you've applied online with us before, we already have your information on file! Login using your email address and password to update your profile and apply to this job instantly.
|Back to Search Results