Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Pharmacy Automation Engineer (Robotic Dispensers)
- Project Management of Major Pharmacy Automation Solutions (Robotic Dispenser) installations.
- Install, upgrade, configure and support Omnicell hardware and software remotely and onsite.
- Interface Pharmacy Automation Systems with Hospital Information Systems to provide optimal workflow throughout the outpatient pharmacy in 3A and major private hospitals.
- Implement technical support during pre-implementation and installation
- Assist Sales and Marketing personnel with product trial evaluations and/or trade shows
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, interface and communication problems and coordinates the tasks necessary to solve them.
- Implement the generation of all necessary reports and tracking systems.
- Communicate with Senior Manager Operations and Service, the account and appropriate personnel about project status, milestones and problems and assist whenever needed to ensure compliance and follow-thru.
- Able to perform disaster recovery procedures / troubleshoot upgrades and migrations
- Able to manage multiple requests at one time (multi-task)
- Manages their schedules to complete all assigned requests
- Provide support coverage 24 hour/7day a week.
- Frequent local travel in Greater China area (HK. Taiwan, Macao & China).
- Provide backup support in Greater China area (HK. Taiwan, Macao & China).
- Manage territory service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for Post Implementation reviews with Senior Manager Service Operations to determine projected vs actual profitability.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows7, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012
- Windows Components: Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, MSMQ, NT Backup, Terminal Services, Scheduled Tasks, Windows Firewall
- Office Software: Excel, Outlook, Visio, Word, Project
- Relational databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, Oracle
- Storage: RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 (1+0); IDE/SATA/SCSI
- Hardware: PCB’s, Peripheral installation (PCI Modems, Wireless Adapters), Hard Drives and knowledge to properly install.
- Network Standards/Protocols: IEEE 802.1, 801.2, 802.3, 802.11, TCP/IP, SMB/CIFS, Telnet, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, DNS
- Security software: McAfee Virus Scan 7.x - 8.x, as well as other antivirus software (standalone or centralized, e.g. Symantec Endpoint) and Firewalls.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in computer hardware / software installation and maintenance on workstations and servers
- The ability to work independently with little direction; must be a motivated self-starter.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to customers, project leads, and management on ongoing projects.
- The ability to travel and be on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Implementation of major Pharmacy Automation Systems (Robotic Dispensors) in Greater China
- Knowledge of HIS integration as well as design and implementation of closed loop RFID systems in the 3A Hospital environment in Greater China.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Programming/Scripting knowledge (e.g. .NET, C#, CMD, WSH)
- Understanding of HL7 standards
- SQL database management skills (backup/restore/run queries)
- Advanced Microsoft troubleshooting skills (using regedit, log files, and command prompt networking utilities)
- Certifications from Microsoft or Cisco, Oracle, VMware (e.g. A+, Network+, MCP, MCSE/A)
- Familiar with Virtual Machine technology, especially for Virtual Box or VMware vSphere.
- PMP/IPMP Certified
- Installation and service experience on medical devices or modalities
- Non-Fixed Working time
- On call 24/7 days a week
- Travel Frequently, around 60%
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.