Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Omnicell Systems Training Specialist
As an effective Training Specialist, the role holder is expected to:
- Ensures that the Omnicell systems employee and customer training programme meets company objectives.
- Design, produce, maintain and deliver training programmes and courses on existing and new products for customers and employees as required.
- Assist in developing strategies for training and development programmes and courses.
- Maintain knowledge of training needs for the customer and employee base.
- Report on training uptake and delivery success to ensure quality programmes and conformance with Omnicell standards.
- Evaluate training programme and course effectiveness through follow up and research based on feedback of participants and management.
- Maintain an awareness of and promote training opportunities for employee groups via the ‘Omnicell University’ portal.
- Research and identify outside training opportunities for employee groups.
- Maintain and publish training calendar for customer and employee programmes and courses.
- Create and maintain a training needs analysis for each product release and with cross functional groups on training requirements for revisions and new releases.
- Work with internal multi-functional teams to develop training courses for major and minor software and hardware releases.
- Work with internal multi-functional teams and external vendors to develop and produce blended learning methods (instructor led, e-Learning, on-line, Webinar, CD and video).
- Provide assistance with the delivery and support of the Omnicell preceptor programme.
- Facilitate, coordinate and organize functional communication events via the preceptor calls and ‘myOmnicell’ customer portal.
- Identify and schedule training courses at Irlam and on customer sites to fulfill training needs.
- Support training efforts across employee teams in the development and delivery of training programmes and courses.
- Lead and/or participate in any ad-hoc committees/projects designed to further improve functional procedures, training and/or processes.
- Participate in core and/or extended team meetings as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Graduate level or equivalent professional qualification.
- Technical/functional experience in healthcare informatics.
- Experience in healthcare setting, preferably with clinical practice or functional process experience.
- Results-oriented individuals who demonstrate the ability to developing training objectives.
- Experience in designing and developing coursework/presentations and evaluating training.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Experienced with application training at all levels.
- Competently able to deliver training to adults in structured learning situations, using a variety of training methods.
- Knowledge of Omnicell products and/or experience with automated pharmacy and supply equipment is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent personal ability to absorb new training, applications and processes.
- Excellent administrative, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, scheduling, written and oral communication (public speaking and presentation) skills.
- Ability to manage people, resources, schedules and any involved logistics.
- Ability to work independently and also in direct support of department objectives
- Ability to meet inflexible deadlines and accommodate numerous ad-hoc requests.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in healthcare informatics and project management and logistics & supply management.
- Experience as a functional/applications trainer in pharmacy/nursing/healthcare informatics.
- Familiarity with SCORM training delivery.
- Excellent skills in MSOffice applications.
- Requires excellent self-discipline to function from Irlam HQ, customer based and home-based office as required.
- Regular UK travel for the purpose of meetings, workshops, and training events with occasional overnight stays.
- Requires a willingness to work independently but also as part of an integrated corporate team.
- Requires the identification and meeting of crucial training deadlines.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.