Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Sr. Project Functional Specialist – Finance
Omnicell has a dynamic opportunity for a Finance Senior Project Functional Specialist who will be responsible for supporting the execution of the company’s project portfolio by providing guidance and expertise to implement new technologies and processes to grow the business. You will partner with Finance to represent the business interest as part of major project initiatives.
- Help streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department
- Support the management, execution and delivery of the company’s project portfolio through implementation, training, documentation, and consulting expertise.
- Provide guidance and expertise on company risk/issue management, enterprise reporting, and strategies for aligning project execution with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Partner with business resources, technical analysts, and consultants to implement new technologies to grow the business.
- Provide project functional expertise/guidance in the SAP application module areas of Financial Accounting and Controlling, SAP ECC, Consolidations, GL, AP, AR, Cost Center Accounting, and Profit Center Accounting.
- Develop scope, strategy, and implementation plans for launching new programs and projects across the organization including the ability write detailed business and technical specifications
- Support the Project Manager by working with the business to develop process/system requirements in support of the assigned projects.
- Develop and maintain knowledge within the functional/technical area of focus to support the business to design and improve business/system processes.
- Provide input and recommendations to help build and maintain the company systems architecture including the evaluation of new modules, add-ons, and the implementation of system upgrades.
- Develop standards and templates to track project schedule, cost, and performance
- Provide functional support to implement Business Intelligence to create reports, executive summary, and dashboards to support the business requirements.
- Provide application functional support in integrating SAP and non-SAP systems using ALE, IDoc and XI.
- Monitor progress of IT projects and take corrective action as required to ensure deadlines and business needs are met. Identify system problems and determine necessary resolution.
- Execute quality assurance from test definition through assessment sign off.
- Provide end-user training and user support during project phases and provide effective handoff to the appropriate IT support teams.
- Follow applicable Project Office standards, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies in the execution of projects.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge representing Finance and Accounting in major projects, implementation, and process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to understand and represent Finance to recommend, prioritize, and drive opportunities to promote continuous improvement, cost-savings, meet financial targets, or drive business process improvement.
- Ability to translate and communicate highly technical concepts to both technical personnel and non-IT business users.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Finance organization.
Ability to organize, prioritize and follow complex and detailed technical and financial procedures.
- Knowledge of project and program management methodologies, associated processes and tools, and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of business process by architecting and developing solutions enabling all aspects of process, organization and technology for Financial Accounting and Controlling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or other related Business Degree
- 5+ years of program management related work experience to include financial, accounting and control, and general Project Management Office activities
- Additional Experience in the following areas:
- Business process analysis, mapping, and documentation
- Executing Financial Accounting and Controlling processes and operation for all aspects of financial management of a global business
- Understanding major ERP/Financial packages like the SAP FI and CO modules
- Leading an implementation team in larger, complete projects
- Development and delivering end-user training.
- Developing functional requirements, specifications, test scripts and user training
- Developing annual and business plans and roadmaps.
- PMP Certification
- Previous consulting experience on SAP implementations
- Office Environment
- Travel commitment up to approximately 40% (depending on project)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.