Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
System Sales Director
The System Sales Director will be responsible for selling, promoting, and delivering Omnicell Automation solutions and services to accounts in targeted market segments and contributing to Omnicell sales and profit goals.
- Further cultivate strategic customer relationships through face-to-face contact and client opportunities with key opportunities, partnering with Aesynt field or inside sales resources as appropriate.
- Maintain a consistent cadence with Sales and Sales Leadership with the field teams they work with.
- Research, prepare, and present selling/customer focused presentations.
- Understand current workflow and articulate key value positions for current to future state Gap Analysis
- Cross-functional/cross business leadership, working in conjunction with Marketing, Product Development and Operations to develop the appropriate sales tools and commercial marketing requirements.
- Lead sales efforts from Executive Sponsorship to contract negotiations
- This individual will be responsible for closing new and existing business sales in their territories (Enterprise and Regional) and potentially beyond.
- This person is responsible for selling our automation solutions and any other solutions that are added to the portfolio.
- Travel to customer sites to coordinate presentations, conduct demonstrations and facilitate site visits.
- Manage time and resources effectively to meet territory sales objectives and improve customer relationship.
- Maintain industry and product knowledge and inform company of changing market conditions and competitive issues.
- Utilize and display competency with all sales process tools.
- Develop tailored call plans for key constituents such as DON, DOP, CFO, CEO, CNO, CMO, CIO and Plant Operations(Facilities)
- Participate and/or support implementation efforts.
- Support Field Marketing efforts through leading product demonstrations at trade shows and regional events as assigned by Business Leader.
- Utilize SalesForce.com software and other necessary tools for accurate and detailed data capture and metrics.
- Achieve Business and MBO objectives and metrics as assigned by IV Business Leader.
- Promotes customer brand loyalty by participating in or joining regional or local professional organizations that serves health care providers.
- Practices expense control by keeping within a defined budget and managing given resources.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills :
- Strong Sales Disposition
- Shows discipline - takes a structured approach to managing sales; strives to make well-informed decisions related to sales strategies and tactics; maintains high work and ethical standards.
- Drives toward success - possesses an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation; proactively seeks business opportunities; strives to gain competitive advantage; takes action for a recognized benefit despite uncertainty of outcome
- Demonstrated Sales Innovation –
- Takes a creative approach - thinks unconventionally when faced with sales challenges; is open to new ideas. Inspires curiosity and challenges the current thinking
- Proficient at executing multiple concurrent/competing priorities.
- Retains focus and sustains positive outlook demonstrates resilience and adaptability in the face of obstacles; effectively channels emotions to manage job challenges and stress; handles disappointment and/or rejection without losing effectiveness. Approaches sales challenges with confidence of success; remains realistically optimistic when pursuing sales objectives (e.g., celebrating successful milestone achievements)
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high impact communication, and strong presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Highly motivated
- Solid team skills (team player)
- PC skills with strong Word, Excel, Power Point, and Internet capabilities.
- Bachelor degree
- 3 or more years of experience with IT sales background or general medical sales background
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 or more years of sales experience in capital equipment or software or professional services
- 5 or more years of a proven track record of exceeding plan and performance in a Complex Solution Sales role
- Environment – Field based/home office environment
- Travel required –up to 50%
- Physical Requirements – Sitting, standing, walking, and using a keyboard.
- Clean drug screen and background check including annual MVR check
- Use of own car for local travel
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.