Be the Solution. Imagine the Impact.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Sr. Director, Corporate Tax
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Corporate Controller, this position is responsible for leading the Company’s global tax function including but not limited to strategic planning, forecasting, filing, reporting and compliance.
- Ability to lead and drive to closure a corporate level company tax strategy that supports the business needs and achieves a lower Annual Effective Tax Rate (AETR)
- Oversee and ensure timely filings for our International statutory requirements
- Identify tax planning strategies and opportunities for operations globally to achieve reduced global effective tax rates
- Oversight and review of annual and quarterly tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 (FAS 109), including tax footnote disclosures for SEC filings.
- Oversight and review of tax accounting implications under ASC 718 (FAS 123R) including managing the tracking book/tax timing differences and maintain APIC pool.
- Manage the preparation of federal and state income tax returns, extensions and estimated payments
- Evaluate income tax implications of IP migration for acquisition technologies.
- Oversight and review of other tax related special projects including M&A related activities including all global tax aspects of M&A activity, from due diligence through integration
- Provide tax guidance, direction, program design/management for domestic and international mobility at Omnicell.
- Identifies and executes on opportunities for process improvements and efficient use of resources within the global organization as they affect tax planning and structuring.
- Oversee the process for evaluating and pursuing various tax incentives and credits at the federal, state, and local levels
- Build and strengthen relationships with other individuals and groups within the Company to ensure the Tax Department is effectively serving our business partners
- Manage SOX 404 tax compliance requirements and update SOX Narrative.
- Manage sales and use tax returns and reconcile accounts monthly
- Manage all federal and state income, sales and property tax audits
- Keeps abreast of internal and external development and interprets domestic and international tax legislation which could impact business operations
- Creatively establish ways of working to maximize cost saving potentials to support the company growth game plans.
- Manage a team of professionals and all tax consulting relationships, including external auditors and other 3rd party consultants
Required Knowledge and Skills :
- Microsoft Office skills (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for data manipulation, report generation, and appropriate presentations.
- Working knowledge of complex automated ERP systems
- Knowledge of US GAAP rules related to financial reporting.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter with excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to drive process based improvements
- Excellent communications skills and effective multi-departmental and management level cooperation
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including high proficiency in Excel
- Strong presentation skills
- BA or higher degree in finance, accounting/business
- 8+ years of experience leading or have been heavily involved in a Corporate strategic Tax restructuring or set-up
- 12 + years of combined experience with Big Four tax department, industry tax management, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of International tax experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Demonstrated experience with domestic and international taxation.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s Degree in Tax preferred
- 2+ years of SAP experience
- Leadership in a large company transformation
- Travel up to 20%
- Office Environment
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.