Be the Solution. Imagine the Impact.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Customer Solutions Consultant
The Customer Solutions Consultant (CSC) plays a crucial role in the process of taking a customer from a non-Omnicell workflow to a fully implemented and successful Omnicell system. The CSC is responsible for managing the overall customer relationship from the time of confirmed sale through the hand off to the service organization and the subsequent post-implementation review.
The CSC’s primary focus will be on hospital systems and workflows, with guidance and advice as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to inform a correct and robust choice of solution for the customer.
The CSC does not replace the implementation team, but is an additional resource expected to guide that team and the customer to best practices that optimize the strengths of Omnicell UK’s solutions.
- Support the customer relationship from an implementation perspective starting early in the sales cycle through a post-installation review
- Facilitate early discussion on interface requirements including vendor consultative services that may be needed.
- Coordinate among various Omnicell organizations to present one seamless face to the customer, including Sales, Field Operations, and Service.
- Manage and guide customers to prescribed best practice operations and workflow models (before and after) to include supply chain and materials management both in a non-clinical central and front line clinical environment, corresponding interface needs, and training modalities to include the Omnicell UK Preceptor program.
- Develop customer specific product workflow models.
- Map existing customer workflows (pharmacy, nursing and materials) against new and improved workflows using Omnicell’s UK products and features. Present workflows to customers, guide them through workflow decision making process and obtain customer agreement upon workflows.
- Consult and guide the customer through the required steps for efficient removal and replacement of competitive solutions.
- Identify and drive to resolution any necessary tasks from both customer and Omnicell to ensure a successful customer experience.
- Carry out post-implementation optimization and review as required
- Work closely with cross functional groups of subject matters experts in knowledge/information sharing and education and training in order to create standardized best practices and training/user guides.
- Manage the Omnicell UK Preceptor Program via development of material, support and scheduled meetings.
- Attend conference/sales events in support of sales as the SME.
- Review and provide feedback on the development of any technical documentation, new feature installation development and training, and support for these both via teleconference and on site.
- Update and provide monthly CSC metrics.
- Attend required training/meetings.
- Track and report on A rated customers to the Senior Leadership Team and escalate when necessary.
- Provide remote and/or onsite SME support for complex non-service customer issue resolution and/or provide subject matter expertise to service if required.
- Maintain and update the ‘MyOmnicell’ UK forum pages.
- And any other tasks identified by the team manager.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
One of the following is required:
- Degree in a clinical or materials management discipline or equivalent, evidenced, experience.
- Project management/Agile/Lean Six Sigma/Business analysis type qualifications
- Training on new Omnicell products and solutions will be provided.
- At least 3 years’ post graduate type experience in a clinical or materials management environment.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working with Omnicell products and solutions.
- Ability to understand the business requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with customer and peers with strong verbal, written and presentation skills)
- Ability to influence at all levels including executives, key decision-makers, and technical resources.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing software, and project management software.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Healthcare informatics training and/or qualifications.
- Identified specific training courses to for skill development will be provided.
- Experience in the implementation of healthcare and materials management software/hardware systems desired.
- Experience in planning and delivery of adult education an advantage.
75% minimum field based.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.