Be the Solution. Imagine the Impact.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Omnicell has a dynamic opportunity for a Systems Engineer who will independently manage the day to day technical needs of installing, configuring, upgrading, and restoring Omnicell products within varying hospital environments. You will be the technical “go to” expert for most Omnicell products and the technologies that our customers depend on. You will recommend, install, configure, and troubleshoot Omnicell products as necessary, both remotely and onsite, to meet the needs of their colleagues as well as healthcare customers. The System Engineer ensures that Omnicell products perform as designed and work in harmony with the hospital environment. This position can also be based out of the following areas: Nashville, TN, Orlando, FL, Atlanta, GA, or Pittsburgh, PA. You must be located near a major airport.
- Attend pre and post installation calls as needed with the System Technical Manager, healthcare clients, and co-workers to act as a technical system expert for Omnicell products and technologies.
- Handle remote and locally installs, configure, tune, and repair physical/virtual servers for healthcare clients.
- Serve as technical field expert for all Omnicell product lines.
- Resolve technical issues escalated by sales and operations as part of product installations and upgrades.
- Occasionally travel to healthcare facilities in the US to support the division operations team for an installation or go live.
- Work with customer and Omnicell project managers as needed to align installation/upgrade/migration schedules, action items, and roles.
- Assist the System Technical Manager in authoring new sales and operations documentation to supplement and/or improve on current product materials. This may include creating diagrams and instruction manuals.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong familiarity with and understanding of enterprise level IT technologies
- Knowledge of a server architecture product
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS storage
- Skilled at networking TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Internet/Intranet technologies.
- Working knowledge of VMware & Hyper-V Virtualization
- Proficient understanding of Windows security and system patch management
- Solid knowledge of VPN, security hardware and applications
- Knowledge of MSDOS command line scripting and/or .Net programming
- Working knowledge of USB and serial communications hardware
- Remote access experience to administrate systems
- Administrative level knowledge covering Windows workstation and server distribution through Windows 2012
- Possess the ability to qualify and quantify system performance for end users using common testing methods
- Possess ability in managing business travel, continuing education, expenses, and customer engagements independently.
- Must be comfortable speaking to customers and performing presentations with short notice and sometimes under less than optimal circumstances.
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in computer hardware and/or software installation
- Work experience with Windows Operating Systems such as Windows XP, Windows7, Windows Server / 2008 / 2012/ 2016
- Associates degrees in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics or Engineering
- Omnicell product experience
- Windows Components: Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, MSMQ, NT Backup, Terminal Services, Scheduled Tasks, Windows Firewall
- Relational databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
- Understanding of HL7 standards
- SQL database management skills (backup/restore/run queries)
- Field Operation base
- Travel Can be up to 80%
- Internet Needed
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.