Be the Solution. Imagine the Impact.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
The Marketing Manager is accountable for the development and full optimization of marketing programs in the specified market(s). Essentially functions as the “translator” of internally-driven product development to externally-facing customer solutions. Works closely with sales leadership and upstream marketing in applicable geographies to ensure alignment. And clarity in strategic and annual operating marketing and sales plan. Identifies current and emerging marketing opportunities, and partners cross-functionally to execute.
- Packages solutions which cut across multiple product lines
- Creates strong positioning and targeting to maximize sales
- Executes on promotional and communication content that supports the Omnicell Brand.
- Works with local sales management to develop alignment and sales plans
- Works closely with sales, marketing communications and product managers to help ensure that new products meet the current and / or emerging needs of the specified market segment(s).
- Accountable for transitioning the marketing message from a corporate-focused product line orientation to an outward-focused solution appropriate for end-user customers and sales teams
- Develop appropriate marketing plans, solution sets, and customer approaches for maximizing sales & profit
- Drives marketing strategy, reimbursement, channel management, bundling and other promotional activities
- Participates in the annual strategic and operating plan process representing the target market segment.
- Market segment plans and materials support the Omnicell Corporate Brand
- Ensures the emerging and current markets’ needs are identified and well understood. As much as possible supports assumptions and claims with meaningful data.
- Works to extend the life cycle and applicability of existing products. Focuses primarily on the creation of new solution sets, marketing content, campaigns and materials to meet specific needs of current and/or potential new customers to drive growth worldwide. Does not automatically default to new product development to drive sales.
- Ensures the ongoing collection of marketing and customer intelligence through regular internal exchange forums, ongoing feedback from Marketing Intelligence and customer feedback
- Lays out optimized sales support materials for the target segment(s)
- Supports sales teams in the development of sales solutions appropriate for specific customers
- Ensures that content and materials are universally usable and tailorable and support the Omnicell brand
- Ensures ongoing availability and accessibility to Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) who can share their knowledge with all stakeholders as required
- Creation and on-going reporting of Market Segment performance metrics.
- Partners with digital experts to activate and update potential social channels, developing and implementing content strategies, and analysis of efforts and value gained
- Supports the identification of products and opportunities for Business Development to consider for acquisition or partnership. These may be unique to market segments
- Support the development and management of PR including media needs and relationships, partnerships with advisors, and agency management
- Creation of content for marketing collateral, articles, website, social
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert marketing skills resulting in transformational sales performance
- Able to provide subject matter expertise in complex situations
- Strong understanding of healthcare customer workflows and information needs to deliver marketing programs that meet or exceed revenue and profit goals
- Strong communications and teamwork skills essential for delivering results
- Works well with marketing, product development, sales and customers to understand and appropriately respond to market and business needs
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with peers
- Ability to gain strong field sales solutions positioning buy-in and execution
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize to achieve optimal results
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be accountable for results
- Proficiency on personal computers specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.
- Healthcare or marketing related bachelor’s degree and work experience
- Passion for advancing the care of patients and experience of healthcare professionals
- Desire to work for the overall success of the company and willingness to go beyond– highly motivated
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree
- 3+ years of experience in a downstream marketing role within a technology/healthcare/medical sector
- Experience in one or more of the following: social media, PR, content writing
- MBA degree or advanced degree.
- 7+ years of marketing experience within a technology/healthcare/medical sector
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.