Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Innovation Project Manager
This position is accountable for managing each phase of IV Solutions product development process from inception through commercial launch. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Innovation Project Manager will manage advanced technology projects and will work with other Engineering Managers and Internal Stakeholders to ensure coordination between projects, to improve processes and to enable innovation. Moreover, the Innovation Project Manager will build out innovation capabilities and transfer them into the broader organization.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans, conferring with management
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements, reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards, completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements, sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
- Presents new processes and ideas to improve productivity and performance
- Collaborates to identify, write and manage complimentary project funding applications. This could include bidding activities under EU programs and national programs and identifying partners and funding calls
- Collaborates for patent management, in the initial development phase by checking the current state of the art and during development by evaluating patentability or possible infringed existing industrial property rights
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Has knowledge of and experience with the process of commercial new product introduction from concept, through development, manufacturing and release to commercial launch and customer hand-off.
- Drives teams and self to meet commitments in order to achieve success. Hold self and team accountable for results. Minimum supervision required. Is a self-starter.
- Customer Focus - Manages the team to create or optimize value for Omnicell's customers during decision making, planning, execution, and managing change.
- Manages priorities to balance customer value, quality, program timeliness, risk, and budget.
- Strategic thinking - Uses knowledge of the company strategy and product roadmap to guide decision making.
- Applies knowledge to Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor / Control, and Close projects in accordance with industry standard principles and Omnicell's Product Development Process
- Integrates all objectives and functions, manages interdependencies across all activities of the projects. Ensure all work has been completed and reviewed per schedule.
- Effectively practices change management; assess change and communicate impacts, leads replanning activities, and applies a structured methodology to approve and document changes.
- Demonstrates skill and maturity to identify and interact with stakeholders, assess their needs, provide metrics and status reports as needed, and manage stakeholder's expectations throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Communicates by practicing active listening, maintaining a positive attitude, keeping an open mind, taking responsibility for communication success, and using appropriate communication methods. Communicates effectively to all levels of the organization, including to the executive level.
- Ability to present the acceptable level of detail to program stakeholders within the organization. Understands how to create effective presentations, visuals and outputs.
- Degree in Engineering
- 4 years of experience in Project Management
- Good English proficiency
- Ability to read, analyze technical procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers or managers
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Master in a technical discipline, finance or business
- Project Management certification or certificate (PMP, PgMP, CPM (DAU), etc.).
- Understands the principles of product portfolio management.
- Knowledge of and experience with various Agile practices and frameworks such as SCRUM and Kanban. Ability to interact with Scrum Masters and Product Owners and others Agile based roles. Able to integrate Agile timelines (Sprints, etc.) into overall program schedules.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles and Systems Integration of hardware and software in product development.
- Creativity - problem identification and idea generation, ability to conduct workshop for brainstorming
- Experience in project management or other technical role working with and within an ISO13485 quality management system for product development.
- Knowledge of and experience with development, verification, validation, and manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of Software as Service concepts and how it is developed and deployed.
- Knowledge of cloud computing, data analytics, big data, machine learning or artificial intelligence.
- Office Environment
- Up to 20% travel
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.