Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Omnicell is growing at our Milpitas, CA facility by adding a new Manager, Manufacturing Engineering. The Manager, Manufacturing Engineering will oversee the Manufacturing Engineering team in the development, implementation, and improvement of manufacturing processes in a sophisticated technology and FDA regulated environment while maintaining acceptable product performance and quality as well as cost efficiency. This Manager will lead the assembly process and integration of test processes and integration and maintenance of manufacturing equipment and systems. Additionally, they will provide process & controls engineering support to multiple production cells. This position will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and lead the Manufacturing Engineers to successfully execute job functions.
- Responsible for the design, development, modification and implementation of equipment and processes to aid in the overall manufacturing process and assigned production cell(s).
- Direct/supervise the Manufacturing Engineering team and ensure this team works cohesively with Quality and Production and NPI Program leads.
- Ensure that technical capabilities can be provided to support business objectives by recruiting and training necessary personnel on all current, new and upgraded processes.
- Identify, implement and communicate maintenance-related information including planned downtime for process enhancement or implementation to necessary personnel.
- Ensure calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment as well as necessary safety measures per applicable local, state, and federal requirements.
- Lead and track Continuous Improvement initiatives pertaining to Quality, Cost, and Delivery of products
- Performs necessary functions to develop and adhere to ISO 13485 standards.
- Ensure manufacturing compliance of FDA regulated medical devices.
- Provide support and develop improvement plans for facility Environmental Health and Safety practices.
- Lead engineers implementing the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures required to perform manufacturing engineering disciplines such as 5S, Lean, and Six-Sigma.
- Oversee engineers performing time and motion studies, quantify the work content of a manufacturing process.
- Provide guidance and direction to engineers on design of processes and creation of instructions.
- Research, design and create specifications to eliminate or reduce top process constraints.
- Lead Team in development of test equipment & processes.
- Review and approve capital expenditure packages including ROI to address capacity limiters within the process. Refine and document capacity and efficiency models.
- Identify opportunities for quality defects to occur in manufacturing processes and suggest mitigations.
- Create tools and lead ergonomic program.
- Lead improvement of factory layout for throughput and efficiency.
- Represent manufacturing engineering on cross-functional teams to assess supplier capabilities and develop packaging solutions for components and systems.
- Manage new equipment installation and commissioning of new plant equipment as determined by Sr. Engineer.
- Contribute to design transfer activities such as process validations. Participate in post-product launch stabilization teams.
- Responsible for project managing and administration of multiple cost improvement projects.
- Analyze and optimize production processes to ensure safety while maximizing yield, capacity, and capability in cost effective means while driving to achieve world-class quality levels.
- Reviews change orders and engineering releases for accuracy and completeness.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership and collaborating behaviors
- General computer applications such as Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Tableau
- Quality Management Systems Experience
- Lean Six Sigma problem solving methods including design of experiments
- Strongly demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Process Engineering or Technical based degree
- 10+ Years’ Manufacturing Engineering experience
- 5+ Years working experience in leading Manufacturing Engineering Teams
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Masters degree Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Prior experience in robotic, high complexity electromechanical assembly, and/or medical device manufacturing
- Demonstrated expertise in automated controls in a production environment
- ISO 13485/FDA Regulation Experience
- ERP knowledge, preferably SAP
- PLM knowledge, preferably Agile
- Located at the Milpitas, CA facility
- Production floor support
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Extended or irregular work hours as needed
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you've applied online with us before, we already have your information on file! Login using your email address and password to update your profile and apply to this job instantly.
|Back to Search Results