Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Performance Center Strategist
Omnicell has an exciting opportunity for an individual to help our clients optimize their pharmacy supply chain in addition to providing operational and clinical insights as part of Omnicell’s Performance Center offering. The individual is responsible for defining, developing and delivering expert consultative services in the area of the pharmacy supply chain utilizing the data, tools, and software available within Omnicell’s Performance Center.
To accomplish this, the Performance Center Consultant must be a highly experienced, motivated individual with a proven record of achievement in helping customers realize success in healthcare supply chain inventory optimization, while providing operational and clinical insights that can be extended into the pharmacy and hospital or health system.
The individual will work within a team at our regional headquarters located in Cranberry Township, PA. This resource will report to the Senior Performance Center Analytics Manager.
- Planning and Implementation: Guide new customers on the setup and optimization of pharmacy supply chain solutions, including support on design and implementation of processes and infrastructure within the health system related to pharmacy operations;
- Execution: Assist existing customers with ongoing optimization of their pharmacy supply chain activities and processes to ensure system-level goals are met;
- Sustainability: Lead development and commercialization of pharmacy supply chain benchmarking, best practices and other services to ensure customer realizes the full value from their investment over the long-term.
- Sales Support: Provide consultation to prospective customers to convey the vision of the solution.
- Strong entrepreneurial perspective and ability to define and deliver market opportunities
- High comfort level managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with customers and drive consensus at both a strategic and operational level to enable the full value of solutions across the health system
- Develop and credibly deliver executive-level presentations regarding the management of the pharmacy supply chain
- Develop content and processes delivered into repeatable, extensible offerings for customers
- Operationalize medication management best practices to ensure consistent and sustainable results for customer using the solution
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively at multiple levels of the organizations both internally and externally.
- The ability to work with advanced systems, test for accuracy, and uncover and solve potential technical issues.
- Must have the ability to interact in a team, collaborate, share knowledge, and communicate clearly.
Basic Requirements: (one of the following)
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- BS Pharm or PharmD
- MD, DO
- MS in Health Informatics or Biomedical Informatics
- Experience analyzing and interpreting hospital quality and safety metrics
- If pharmacist then 3+ years of experience within a hospital-based pharmacy OR 1 year of hospital-based pharmacy experience and completion of a PGY1, or PGY2 residency
- If nurse then two years of acute care experience (hospital preferred)
- If physician then one year hospital staffing in addition to residency
- Healthcare license for associated degree
- Demonstrable knowledge of pharmacy operations
- 2+ years of experience in pharmacy informatics and data analysis
- Advanced computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite such as SQL, R, Python, or Scala
Travel: Minimal: Up to 15%
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.