Inspired by Care
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
Omnicell is excited to be seeking to fill a Technical Trainer – Analytics. This position will provide expert product-specific training to customers and employees on features and operation of all Omnicell products in a virtual and periodic on-site environments. Supporting Omnicell solutions from a support and service environment, they will work with the department manager to ensure the department effectively assesses the product training needs of Omnicell customers/employees and delivers training that meets the learning needs for each segment.
- Deliver high-quality and effective training that adheres to training industry and Omnicell training standards. Provide special or customized training when required.
- Deliver virtual trainings and possible classroom delivery from the office in Cranberry Township, PA.
- Manage virtual training and/or classroom project plans to ensure readiness of classes for new product and release training for customers and employees.
- Gather information from multiple resources, including sprint reviews, to understand the enhancements for each new product release. Transfer content collected from external validation and operational readiness teams to the Instructional Design Team.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction to ensure effectiveness of training. Solicit training satisfaction feedback and implement program changes, as needed. Provide customer feedback and requests for product enhancement received during training to technical product management.
- Define and analyze customer or internal Omnicell challenges and recommend solutions to management.
- Demonstrate active departmental engagement and leadership in collaborating with management and other team members to develop and implement final solutions.
- Identify and build relations with appropriate subject matter experts to acquire product knowledge and/or troubleshoot issues.
- Initiative to become a SME on various product lines. This will include site visits and core team meetings.
- Utilize virtual tools including GoToTraining, Skytap, and myOmnicell.
- Maintain current knowledge base of virtual execution tools.
- Identify customer or internal Omnicell challenges and propose possible solutions.
- Demonstrate good judgment about when to ask for help from senior team members or management about customer issues.
- Project management tasks surrounding scheduled core releases of software/hardware.
- Participating in cross-functional team meetings, conducting needs analysis and guiding content development for training execution and delivery.
- Work with internal teams to collaborate, create and customize our Pandora, Omnicell Analytics and Diversion Prevention programs.
- Collaborate with Omnicell departments such as Field Analytics, Operations, Service, and Marketing to prioritize Customer Diversion Monitoring and Compliance system reporting training needs.
- Direct training coordinator in the scheduling of staff and customer classes.
- Work with trainers and/or instructional designers in the development of training courses and/or content for analytical system products such as Omnicell Analytics, Pandora, and others as the business is determined.
- Routinely evaluate Omnicell’s approach to training customers and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and/or improve processes to improve customer enrollments, compliance/metric reporting and overall communication on the effectiveness of training programs.
- Assist hospitals and IDNs design diversion programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated excellent training facilitation skills
- Expertly demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills
- Detail-oriented, independent and able to adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of instructional design or adult learning theory
- Strong understanding of instructional design best practices
- Associates degree with one (1) year virtual training experience OR
- High School Diploma/GED with 3+ year’s equivalent working experience in virtual training.
- Training experience of at least (1) year training on data analytics utilizing user data to train software platforms
- 3+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: virtual training or functional healthcare experience
- Knowledge of analyzing data in order to conduct customer training sessions using their live data
- Bachelor’s degree with virtual training experience
- Member or education training with IHFDA (International Health Facility Diversion Association, NADDI (National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators) or other related industry affiliations
- Experience in Hospital Drug Diversion training
- Healthcare software/hardware support, healthcare IT management, or healthcare IT consulting
- Creating and delivering training outside of product/technical content, such as new employee orientation or soft skills training
- Using eLearning tools such as Captivate and Camtasia
- Using Microsoft Office products
- Experience developing new courses
- Experience implementing healthcare hardware or software
- Position requires 15%-20% or more overnight travel
- Cranberry Twp. Based or May be remote
- May require long periods of sitting or standing or staring at a computer screen
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.