Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Research Analyst within our Research Services Department. This role can be based in any of our U.S. offices!
Join the Research Services team of a billion dollar global law firm in a dynamic fast-paced Research Analyst role. The Research Analyst works as part of a firmwide team to provide research expertise for business development efforts and client work. This individual monitors and identifies information sources and data to identify potential opportunities and presents research findings clearly and concisely. The Analyst also participates on firmwide project teams.
- As part of the firmwide research team, provide research expertise to support the firm’s practice areas and business development efforts, including research related to markets, industries, and competitors.
- Retrieve, package, and present information in response to requests from attorneys and colleagues in research function as well as other departments in the Firm.
- Handle a high volume of routine research requests including document retrieval requests, requests to mine websites and other sources, and requests to populate spreadsheets with specified data.
- Create current awareness tools, newsletters, and alerts for ongoing monitoring of clients, industries, and events.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and the ability to distill and present research work product in a concise, professional manner.
- Strong background in research focusing on a variety of areas.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of two years related experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science or equivalent degree such as a J.D., M.B.A., or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of the legal materials and databases used to support the Firm’s practice areas and research needs for client work and for business development efforts.
- Demonstrate strong research skills and a deep understanding of research strategies.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do.
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
If you are a new applicant, click the "Apply for this Position" button.
If you are a returning applicant and you have previously applied to a position or registered on our website, login to access your existing applicant data. Click the "Add to My Jobs" button to begin the application process.
If you do not see the "Add to My Jobs" button, it means you have already applied for this job and we have your application on file. You may only apply to each job once.